DPF light

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
I read the link at the top of the screen about dpf filters and it fitted with what my car does.. Cant describe it too much you need to read it for yourself to get a better picture. When regenerating,I generally find the car revs at just under 1000 rpm and feels a bit lumpy as tho it might stall, during this time i notice the car feels more responsive feels faster - conflicting i know! Just my interpretation, also therre is sometimes a slight burning smell but this is only occasionally. But, I know my car and if I continue to do short stops after these factors, the light will come on shortly afterwards.

Last edited:

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
The DPF delete service offers you increased reliability, MPG and BHP. All these factors and for less than the price of a standard replacement DPF!! All the DPF delete packages come with Custom-Code DPF delete Phase 2 software and will include the labour for fitting.

The beauty of the group buy offer is that you get this service for a heavily discounted rate and can be one of the first to have the work carried out.

Unfortunatly the development for this has to start somewhere and will require a development car to design and work with the benefit of this being we offer a further discounted rate on the package.
How much interest was there in the end? and how long will it be before any dev workstarts?

JBS Sales

How much interest was there in the end? and how long will it be before any dev workstarts?

Hi,

Still awaiting enough people to get behind this before the development is worth considering.

I believe we currently have a total of 2 names. For us to warrant carrying out this development work we will be needing many more than this.

Anyone who is interested in this development please PM us with the details asked for on the previous posts and we will look into this.

Many thanks.

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

Mak1

Not wanting to P**S on any bonfires or I might be missing the point but wont DPF deletion on vehicles produced after 2010 lead to legal issues. I can understand on pre 2010 when some vehicles had DPF and some did not, you could get away with a bit of smoke out of the exhaust on acceleration.
However as of EU5 and the legislation on particle matter all vehicles have DPF (in one form or another).
So to me and maybe a plod with any idea, if you’re behind a vehicle 2010 onwards and it kicks out smoke, it has been modified. As such it no longer meets EU5 emission and is there for illegal. Thoughts?

JBS Sales

Hi,

As I believe it to be, the EU5 legislation is not in play untill September 2010, from this point all new vehicles will require a DPF filter.
Any vehicles pre September 2010 do not have any legislation holding over them with regards to the removal of the DPF filter.

There are millions of vehicles running Europe wide which are running on non TUV approved suspension ,brakes, de-cat and sport cats, with them not being TUV approved they do not meet the legal standards for road use and should therefore not be used on the road but will still pass an MOT?! is this not a similar problem?

The EU5 legislation currently does not inform me of any changes in MOT regulations only in the manufacturing limitations therefore there is still a posibility of a EU5 manufactured car passing an MOT on EU4 regulations.

I found this link which tells people about the EU5 legislation, read it your self and let me know what your take on it is!
http://www.euractiv.com/en/transport/euro-5-emissions-standards-cars/article-133325

Cheers

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I make it january 2011 that EU5 applies to All vehicles, september 2010 it applies to LCV and special needs vehicles? (autistic cars?)

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Would it be wrong of me to say "It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday." ?

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I suppose if you are getting grief from your DPF, you may well consider removing it. Personaly I have had no issues with it and am a bit too concerned about voiding the warranty to chance it.

Good luck to anyone who goes for it though!

JonnyT30

Jul 18, 2009
Just out of interest Nightflight. Did your dealer clear your dpf for nothing and if not what did they charge you for the privilege of burning your diesel?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
They cleared it for nothing as apparently there was a fault with the DPF ecu and it needed recoding, though they said generally it's £40 (half hours labour) to do it.

That was 300 miles ago, and today, i had to do another regen run, thankfully this time i knew more than last time and it cleared properly.

mrcrabtree

my car is used for driving instruction, covered 10,000 miles & not had to regen once. Am i the luckiest man alive or does my car having its engine running for 8 hours a day do it some good.

fabia1.9tdi

Hi. Just wondering how good is the car for driving instruction? I heard it's quite easy to stall. My fabia 1.9tdi is very difficult to stall and very easy to teach in. Also how is the realistic mpg for tuition? Am thinking of changing cars in the near future as mine has done 113k. thanks.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Hmmm it's definitely very easy to stall - I know I wouldn't enjoy learning to drive in one.

Although I'm sure someone on here did say they were a driving instructor with one, so I guess it must be ok.

I'm well used to it now - but I'd say at the start it was actually easier to stall that my old 1.4 petrol mk3 Ibiza.

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
Hi. Just wondering how good is the car for driving instruction? I heard it's quite easy to stall. My fabia 1.9tdi is very difficult to stall and very easy to teach in. Also how is the realistic mpg for tuition? Am thinking of changing cars in the near future as mine has done 113k. thanks.

talking about easy cars to stall. anyone tried a mazda 2? fooking joke. they make ibizas look like autos.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Hmmm I guess it depends on the type of car you had previously, but it definitely required a completely different driving style compared to my 1.4 petrol, or any other diesel I've ever driven.

On the whole though it is definitely easy to drive, steering is really light round town which is great.

Don't know how a new driver would feel about reversing though - the 3 door has pretty poor visibility, but I guess it's no worse than any other modern car!

harper2009

Feb 15, 2010
talking about easy cars to stall. anyone tried a mazda 2? fooking joke. they make ibizas look like autos.

The missus had 1 before she gt new polo:D. The mazda 2 has the shortest clutch ever i think but its an excellent short shift gearbox.

I agree the new ibiza does stall rather easy for a diesel however :lol:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I'm hoping that I'll keep developing my feel for the clutch, as even after nearly 9 months, I still have to boot it like a chav when pulling out when it really matters as I don't have the confidence that it won't stall at the crucial moment and result in me being t-boned.

Still prefer it to the petrols i've driven recently though, the biting point always feel in the wrong place on the petrols