DPF removal on FR CR 170

WalterWhite

Oct 11, 2012
Hi members

Just booked my car in for a remap and was wondering if there is any point in removing the DPF at the same time?

The car is a CR 170TDI and has no DPF issues, just wondering power and reliability wise.

Thanks

tinsleytdi

Dec 16, 2012
Hertfordshire
I've had the same mod done, but with a dpf delete pipe! It's soo good, would reccomend it to anyone! it got dynoed at 226.7 bhp peak and 453 nm tourque! reliable so far :)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
What's the new MOT rules/standards? And do they apply to no mans land Northern Ireland. As far as I can tell there are some different procedures between the existing tests for mainland UK and here.

Mac

Dec 13, 2013
TM. RO
www.racingparts.ro
if you do the job like i did without mounting a complete exhaust milltek , daskside , it will be difficult to see it's not there

but, they can connect the vcds and see it's missing, this is the easier way

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
if you do the job like i did without mounting a complete exhaust milltek , daskside , it will be difficult to see it's not there

but, they can connect the vcds and see it's missing, this is the easier way

How many MOT places dp you know of that have VCDS? Most wouldn't even know what VCDS was.

If you have a DPF delete pipe then get a baked bean can welded onto it, drill a hole in it and poke a wire through. That'll fool most of them.

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
How many MOT places dp you know of that have VCDS? Most wouldn't even know what VCDS was.

If you have a DPF delete pipe then get a baked bean can welded onto it, drill a hole in it and poke a wire through. That'll fool most of them.

Don't need VCDS. Any decent garage diagnostic will do. If not, a laser temperature measurement gun

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.