DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Put it back together today. Gearbox back on, filled with new Redline MTL. New driveshaft bolts etc. I had to pop the nearside bottom balljoint out of its clamp to get the driveshaft back in - then had a hell of a job trying to get the balljoint back in.

I'd set the auto-adjuster on the clutch cable as per Flapper's useful instructions, then the F*ck-up fairy visited. I was pressing the clutch pedal half-a-dozen times to settle it and on the last stroke - bang! The white plastic end on the clutch cable broke.

New clutch cable time! :cry:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Well Woo - and indeed - Hoo!

It goes!

fireworks.jpg

The clutch on the car was always odd and heavy, now it has a really smooth, sweet medium action.

Can't believe this dragged on so long.......

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Today's little things sent to try us included.....

Old cable had a plastic grommet fitting on the end - new one didn't. I had to cut the old one off the cable then drill out the old cable end.......

Car fired once when trying to start, then wouldn't run. The transponder had gone missing from the key. I suspect that happened when I left it and got it recovered home.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Took the opportunity to clean the throttle body today. (The car had spluttered a bit when first started after 6 weeks yesterday).

While I was checking round other things, I took the distributor cap off - and discovered that whatever muppet had fitted it previously had put it on the wrong way round!!!!!! The cap has a notch which fits into a slot in the body. It was 180 degrees out! Well I say 180 degrees, it could have been 10 degrees either side of the correct position.

I put the cap on correctly and swapped the leads to their correct position.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise