DQ200 Oil Change/Service?

Yerda1390

Dec 20, 2018
Hi chaps, I am currently in a bit of a pickle, I have a 2011 Seat Ibiza FR TSI DSG and ive just hit 50k miles, now, I have read online that the box is "Sealed for Life" and all that, but ive also read that it can be serviced and the oil and filter can be changed.
Is there any definitive answer to this as id rather have it done and help my gearbox last longer than not and it go in the next 10k miles.

Anyone comment on this>

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Quote from an online acquaintance about the 7 Speed

Yes sealed for life and no need to open it.

Then VWG had to do a World Wide Recall and Service Campaign in some World Regions.

*So not sealed for life, rather easy to unseal and change the oil causing internal corrosion for what VW decided will not.*

So some need or can have the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral Oil & a Software Update.

You need to check if your DSG was one that VW think has Mineral Oil and should not need the oil changed,

or if they have no idea so it gets done anyway, Free at a main dealer.

this might show any outstanding action.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

SO it shouldn't need maintenance, but there have been more than 1 recalls on that gearbox - one of which included an Oil Change.
You need to find out if your car was subject to recall, and if so has it had the recall work done.

Alternatively the 6 speed needs servicing every 40000 miles.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.