Dreaded Rattle....

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Today I noticed a rattle coming from the instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel... it appears to be the black plastic trim surrounding the clear plastic.... it seems to be worse at speed and on rougher surfaces.... all I know is it's driving me insane already!

Can these sort of things be easily sorted or more likely to be an impossible fix?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
From experience on my other Seat cars, dealer are usually quite easy to book the car in (especially since under warranty) to attempt to fix the rattle. After the dealer visit and the 'fix' implemented, it's hit and miss. I've been several time to fix various rattles (in the Leon, 2016 Ibiza FR SC, so far so good, nothing rattles yet), some were fixed and rattles never came back again, some were 'fixed', and other stuff rattles thereafter, unrelated, but possibly due to trim not put back properly again. And a door rattle, they put noodle foam thing, and fixed the door rattles, but also made the music sounded better.

Have you tried, re-seating the steering position, or perhaps put some..cotton wool, or something foamy there? In between steering column and instrument cluster in between? Or just give the trim a strong push/thud (but not so strong that you break it).

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I tried moving the steering column but the creaking/rattling is coming from the plastic at the bottom of the instrument panel near the 'set' button. When you push it down while driving it stops.

Not sure how I can sort this so might just book into my dealers but it's a pain as its 23 miles away.