Drilled Airbox, help please..

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
the other evening i drilled three one inch holes in my airbox, they are drilled in the correct place and i think it sounds superb underload! however, how will this effect my fuel economy, can someone please shead some light on this :) cheers.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
It will not affect the fuel economy under normal driving... BUT it will because you will be booting it everywhere to get the induction noise! :funk: I drilled my airbox and it did sound great. Now moved to an open cone filter and sounds EVEN BETTER!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ah, youve sussed me out :redface: was there a noticable difference in sound when you changed the filter? :)

I changed the standard filter to a green cotton filter and drilled the airbox at the same time. Now I have got an open cone filter and the noise is even better. Loads of suck from the turbo and noise from the DV. :whistle:

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

Last edited:

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
I changed the standard filter to a green cotton filter and drilled the airbox at the same time. Now I have got an open cone filter and the noise is even better. Loads of suck from the turbo and noise from the DV. :whistle:

ah i see mate, mine is just the 1.2 12v... does the green cotton panel filter make a difference from the standard one?

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
if i do this to my motor, will it affect my SEAT warranty ?

if you drill the airbox, i would immagine so, you could go looking for a scrap yard and see if you can get hold of another airbox. or buy a cone filter and whenever you take it into seat just swap them over and put the airbox back on ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members