Drilled and grooved with green stuff pads..

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Hi peeps this one for the hybirds amoung you. Have as Said in the title and my hybrid Is nearly complete. Will my brakes be good enough or will I defo need big brake kit?

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
maybe just better pads (ie ds2500's) and maybe non drilled discs as they are more likely to crack over just grooved discs. Greenstuff don't like getting too hot and often fade massively. i'd bin them if i was you. Also get some high temp brake fluid ie motul or ate superblue ect

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Ah not planning on much track racing just street stuff to start with but on that note I mite upgrade.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I think even with DS2500s and decent discs you'll be pushing them if you like to drive the car near its limits. I've opted for a HiSpec 310x28mm 4-pot kit for mine (also K03S hybrid), Benny opted for Brembos with his CRT hybrid and Ian went for Tarox 6 pots

Regardless of what power you're running I'd steer well clear of EBC - their pads are beyond shite, way way too soft and prone to fade

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you want some nice grooved jobbies like these :D
iphone-200709%20027.jpg

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
How much for them badger? Do I need to upgrade calipers with them??

All the WBC stuff was done before I bought the car and must have been a cheap upgrade I'm guessing

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
How much for them badger? Do I need to upgrade calipers with them??

All the WBC stuff was done before I bought the car and must have been a cheap upgrade I'm guessing

280mm disks are £129/pair
rears 232mm are £79/pair
+vat

and if you wonder how well they work... DS2500 + these grooved disks.. this is them in use
lupo-oulton-8.jpg

Last edited:

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Ah ideal looks good to me ;)
will be upgrading in the near future pay off the bits for the hybrid first
any way we can Lose the vat?? ;)
can you supply pads aswell??

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Ah ideal looks good to me ;)
will be upgrading in the near future pay off the bits for the hybrid first
any way we can Lose the vat?? ;)
can you supply pads aswell??

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just wanted to ask, i have ebc greenstuff pads and ater market grooved/dimpled disk. Fitted them and done done 100-120mile on them to run in, gave them abit of punishment the other day, i could do around 4 hard breaking/acclearting on them then but afterwoulds it jus wont stop, after drive for a few mins of normal drivin they start becoming better. Is this normal? was expecting more from the green stuff

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
May as well be using cheese for brake pads imo, best thing you can do is put them in the bin :(

are they that ****? lol . think my oem pads felt better after a few rusn the the greenstuff. lol Picked them dead cheap (new of course).

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I used them in my old car and wondered why they became so terrible so quickly. Went to change them for something else and found the pads has completely come away from the backing pad and split in half inside the calipers. Utter shite

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I used them in my old car and wondered why they became so terrible so quickly. Went to change them for something else and found the pads has completely come away from the backing pad and split in half inside the calipers. Utter shite

That aint good :(, mines smell like clutch smell after a beating plus the give alot of powder of over the wheels.
Will have a investigate later if they still in one peice . lol:rolleyes:

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
I've had greenstuff pads and I have to say I would never buy them again, far too prone to brake fade imo

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.