Drive Profile Settings Guide

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Nice write-up and analysis! I've been spending a lot of time reverse-engineering the datasets that are responsible for the driving profiles.
I've found some interesting things:
- there's a difference between what's shown on screen and what happens underneath (for instance: Leon FR has drive mode 'Off-road' which is actually setting an Eco setting underneath)
- there are grouped settings (for instance: "Drive") that hold a couple of other settings (Gearbox,Engine Sound, et cetera)
- there are hidden settings as well.

I'll try to obtain a Cupra dataset, parse the data inside and share it here for all to understand :)

Reactions: Lozzy15

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Theres an app called carscanner on IOS and Android that includes then ability to edit the Drive profiles.
Eg change settings in the fixed profiles.

I presume it’s based on your work @Chillout ??!!??

For example I wanted to change my Comfort mode to have engine Eco, and my Sport mode to have Cupra Engine but Comfort damping.
(1 individual profile isn’t enough for me)

Sadly it didn’t work thou I I got a nice of errors in the app when trying to apply it.
The Dev blamed my adapter, but it works fine for everything else.
Don’t ‘think’ I broke anything and my car is behaving normally I think 🤔

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Thought not 😂
The guy who wrote is is active on Drive2.ru, 0vZ.

Think you published your findings on there and it was worked on 🤔

Volt

May 2, 2021
Thanks for this. Great summary! I still have questions though as I’m still getting used to the car and the settings...

So when in S mode we’re saying that the throttle response and the revs sit higher like in Cupra mode, right? I take it nothing else changes such as handling or suspension?

So if I’m in Comfort where everything is soft and less sharp, when I put it into S it’s like fast Comfort mode? Like Comfort settings except throttle response etc is Cupra. Am I right?

So if its in Sport or Cupra mode, it’s in the S mode anyway then is it? Or is there a difference?

Sorry if these are questions which have been asked before.

Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for this. Great summary! I still have questions though as I’m still getting used to the car and the settings...

So when in S mode we’re saying that the throttle response and the revs sit higher like in Cupra mode, right? I take it nothing else changes such as handling or suspension?

So if I’m in Comfort where everything is soft and less sharp, when I put it into S it’s like fast Comfort mode? Like Comfort settings except throttle response etc is Cupra. Am I right?

So if its in Sport or Cupra mode, it’s in the S mode anyway then is it? Or is there a difference?

Sorry if these are questions which have been asked before.
When the gearbox in S mode while in Comfort, I feel like the throttle response is the same as usual, only the gearbox is responding faster (for example when at high speed crusing in S7, the car rather shifts down than accelerates in same gear). To sum it up, S mode just makes the car stay in higher rpm and gearbox responds faster, gear changes are faster. But no change to pedal feel (least it seems to me like that) or anything else.

In Cupra & Sport modes it defaults the gearbox to S mode and the throttle is different. You can feel it by being in manual mode and accelerating or being in D and accelerating. In sport the response is better and in Cupra it is even better.

Also otherwise I would like to add to the guide that on Cupra models, when engine is in Cupra or Sport mode, it has so called 'pops & bangs' from exhaust and the fake noise is pumped in.

Reactions: Volt
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.