1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Driver Door Mechanism.... HELP

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by tomd1338, Jan 14, 2010.

1. tomd1338

tomd1338 Active Member

It just a niggling fault but for some reason the sensor on the drivers door has stopped working. So now the lights don't go on when you open the door and it doesn't do the beep noise for when you have left the lights on.

Does anyone have any idea. I cant find the part on the door that tells when it is open... does anyone know where it is?

Cheerssss

2. chris4500uk

chris4500uk Active Member

I think I heard it was built in to the door locking catch.

I could be wrong mind.

Chris

3. tomd1338

tomd1338 Active Member

wouldn't suprise me. I spent 10 minutes going over the door today looking for the sensor to no avail.

4. Neo

Neo Fool member

Yes, mine does this.
    The microswitch is attatched to the door lock mechanism. I`ve been spraying the area with electrical contact cleaner with straw attatchment, but still not working.
    I`ll move on to spraying WD40 soon in the hope of curing it, but it looks like I`ll have to either live with it or take the door card off and have a look.
    The metal door inner needs to be removed to reach the lock as well I believe.