Driver side lock not working

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Any quick fixes? Lock getting progressively worse when attempting to open driver door with fob. It opens when you operate the lock from inside the car ( other doors all open with fob)

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
This is a normal problem and plenty of posts on it

People will say drill a hole and spray oil in it, but doesn’t last long mind in my experience

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
As @stephen mentioned above there is a very quick fix which I did on my modules and a year later mines still working so I guess its worth a try as the modules are not cheap at all.

The link to the video is here

You'll get some strange looks lol but it works, spray quite alot of wd40 in there and wait till the next day. Also once done I sealed my hole with blutac for easy access if I need to put more in lol

Reactions: ThirdLeon

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
As @stephen mentioned above there is a very quick fix which I did on my modules and a year later mines still working so I guess its worth a try as the modules are not cheap at all.

The link to the video is here

You'll get some strange looks lol but it works, spray quite alot of wd40 in there and wait till the next day. Also once done I sealed my hole with blutac for easy access if I need to put more in lol
Wow and thank you. I'll be trying that this weekend. Brilliant to have the video. Really appreciated. On a separate tack and it may be already in place but it would be brilliant to have a content list of proven fixes for car issues, as links as answers are not necessarily readily located. One for the site moderator

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Wow and thank you. I'll be trying that this weekend. Brilliant to have the video. Really appreciated. On a separate tack and it may be already in place but it would be brilliant to have a content list of proven fixes for car issues, as links as answers are not necessarily readily located. One for the site moderator

Not a problem

We're trying to get something sorted for one location for things like this but it will take a while...

We do have the FAQ section - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/mk2-leon-faqs-1p-2006-2012.242/

It has loads of guides etc

Remember when drilling to go slow as when you breach the casing and go flying forward if you hit any cables or cogs etc your door won't lock for the foreseeable lol

Reactions: Marky N

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Not a problem

We're trying to get something sorted for one location for things like this but it will take a while...

We do have the FAQ section - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/mk2-leon-faqs-1p-2006-2012.242/

It has loads of guides etc

Remember when drilling to go slow as when you breach the casing and go flying forward if you hit any cables or cogs etc your door won't lock for the foreseeable lol
Thanks

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Guys thanks every so much. Drilled 2 small holes. Wd40 was digested in using they little straw and doorr now unlocks. Brilliant and thank you

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Guys thanks every so much. Drilled 2 small holes. Wd40 was digested in using they little straw and doorr now unlocks. Brilliant and thank you

Glad all is well!

Saves you nearly £300 a door probably just using a drill and wd40 lol

Remember to seal the holes as it will dry out quicker

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Glad all is well!

Saves you nearly £300 a door probably just using a drill and wd40 lol

Remember to seal the holes as it will dry out quicker
Afternoon. I did not think to seal the holes. Thanks again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.