Drivers Seat - 2.0 TDI Sport

greentoast

Hi there,

Had the car for a few weeks and starting to build the miles up. However i wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with the drivers seat. I have spent ages adjusting it, then adjusting it a little more to get it comfy. I'm still not there, normally i can jump straight into a car and get comfy right away.

I have tried the seat low and high, just not working for me at the moment. Just something i will have to get used to. But it is starting to give me back ache. No lumber support, and the clutch a lot lower than the brake peddle.

Having said that though, really enjoy driving it. Excellent road handling and farily quick, i am considering a tuning kit though just for the little extra power and performance.

Just wondered if anyone else has any comments with regards to the seats, perhaps you can note how you have set your seat up.

Regards

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
I had this problem for ages, somehow I managed to sort out a comfy position. I think it wasn't the seat that was in the wrong place but the steering wheel was actually to high. I lowered it down a bit and it seemed a lot better. Also the lumber support doesn't make a difference to me, so I set mine to the lowest setting, mimmiking the passenger seat.

One thing I did learn was to adjust the seat and then try that setting for a couple of days, rather than constantly fiddling...

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
I find that when my legs are right for the pedals my knees are close to the wheel but I like a low wheel. I've never been uncomfy though.. just not yet found the perfect position.

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
im having this problem aswell, but as me and the missus have to share it i dont think i'll be finding the niche very quickly, ive done 600 miles since thursday ( wedding , quick holiday etc) , only me driving and ive probably done 600 seat/wheel changes.

i found my best position is seat right down and quite a way back, very f1 style, with the wheel right out and lowest, wicked racing position, but i cant see jack out the windscreen, comfy tho, general driving im more upright and hunting for optimal setup

greentoast

Hi there, i have to say i do not have lumbar support on mine? Its a TDI Sport 2005 model...

Anyhow, still hunting for the seat position that suits. Prefer the seat quite low, maybe 3 clicks up from the lowest setting and the backrest quite upright.

So any more for anymore?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.