1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Driving Modes

Discussion in 'CUPRA Ateca' started by 'Little' John, Feb 24, 2020.

1. 'Little' John

'Little' John Active Member

Finally, some snow and a chance to try out another driving mode! However, I've noticed something slightly weird. If I change the driving mode to Snow and then park up the car, when I come back in starts in Sports mode. This can't be right surely?

2. Gareth Walker

Is yours still doing this?

Picked mine up today and it does the same.
    Turn off in individual and then starts up in something different.

3. 'Little' John

'Little' John Active Member

Only noticed it when I was using Snow mode (one day!). I usually stop in Comfort or Sport and it seems to stay in those OK.

4. Terry99

Yes. It appears that it doesn’t retain the mode setting when the ignition is switched off. I have now made it a routine action to switch back to Comfort and then switch back to Individual whenever I start the engine.

5. Tell

Tell Full Member

On the standard Ateca the first models in 2016 retained ECO mode but subsequently they changed that to revert to normal mode in later models. I put that down to the concern that TDI drivers were driving around in ECO and passive SCR wasn't kicking as it should which then created more active cycles and the chance they dont complete correctly if you do short distances and keep doing it !. Use to warn TDI drivers with SCR (TDI 2.0 at launch) to keep out of ECO. Possible one design fits all thing so petrol models stopped retaining the drive mode setting after turning off.