Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
Welcome to my RR thread for my 2005 Leon Cupra R 225. Thought i would tidy up my blog a little and make it bit more easy to find your way around. 1st up i will put up the cars spec to date and i will also include a little bit for future mods and ideas im having for the car

CURRENT SPEC​

Engine

1.8 Turbo 225 BAM engine
K&N Big cone open filter
Forge SPLTR Dump Valve
Venair Turbo intake pipe
Custom made exhaust
Remap (unsure brand or type)
203 BHP at the wheels

Chassis

Lowered 50mm on Weitec springs and shocks
Hughes engineering rear strut brace
S3 lower brace
20mm HR spacers all round
LCR Brembos
EBC yellowstuff pads
TT Quatro rear discs

Wheels and Tyres

Standard 18 inch LCR wheels
Fronts-Vredestein Ultrac sessantas
Rears- Yoko parada Spec 2s

Interior

Diffrent Cupra R mats
JVC I-pod/Bluetooth HU
Plastic Leon Boot tray

Exterior

Matt black wrapped 'S' badges
Small 'R' on front grill
Aero Front wipers
Fabia Rear wiper
Debadged Rear
stubby 807 ariel
Silly stickers(Pedo bear,dwn n out, i love speedbumps)

Now for the future plans. Some things will happen pretty soon other are long term plans

S3 upper brace
Refurb couple of the kerbed wheels
Refurb Brembos
Standard Airbox or Jabba sport filter
More Silicone hoses
Paint or polish charge pipe and inlet mani
KW V2 OR V3 coilovers
BBS CH OR LM reps( Winter/ normal running around wheels)
Respray rear bumper or replace with Cupra bumper
S3 washer bottle and side engine cover
Custom engine covers
Custom engine caps
New interior( Recaros, M3 vaders,Aston seats...who knows
Retrim dash,door cards....
Get exhaust to sit in bumper better

Dereks Readers Ride Blog​

Well i have my LCR now very happy with it. Pretty weird how i ended up getting this one. I 1st started looking for a LCR 3/4 months ago. I spotted this LCR in aberdeen so just being along the road thought id pop along and have a look, Got a test drive and all the good stuff loved it. I would have got it then and there but i thought id better behave and wait untill i sold the 207. In this time the car sold.

So kept looking, then strange enough i get a email of a lad asking if i would swap my 207 GT HDI for a LCR after a few emails and pics, i thought i reconised the car was the same one i liked in aberdeen. Weird or what:confused: anyway after a few emails here we have my new car.

008-36.jpg

009-35.jpg

010-34.jpg

011-29.jpg

014-27.jpg

017-27.jpg

Last edited:

drka-drka

New Schooler
On the way back from perth i popped in past a skoda dealer and picked up one of these
019-17.jpg

So only had the car about 2-3 hours and im already modding.
018-23.jpg

020-22.jpg

Only problem with the new one is that there is no hole for the water jet,hehe oops FAIL!!

also added my own little touches

Down and out

013-28.jpg

and the pedo bear

012-28.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one min

Whats been done to the car apart from being lowered, different front brake discs and silly stickers :p ??

The exhaust is hanging quite low too, maybe check the hangers and rubbers are okay.

Simp-LCR

This looks a very clean example, really liking the red lcr's at the moment, think the colour compliments the car alot! Have any mods planned for it yet?

drka-drka

New Schooler
Smart mate, I'm undecided between fabia rear wiper or polo?

Looks good :)

Iv not seen the polo rear wiper, might have to have a try. Not a expensive mod

Nice one min

Whats been done to the car apart from being lowered, different front brake discs and silly stickers :p ??

The exhaust is hanging quite low too, maybe check the hangers and rubbers are okay.

Well apart from stickers,:D

Its got a

Full system exhaust(Unsure of make)
Big K&N filter
Forge Spliter R DV(I think its called)
Lowered on weitec springs
Remapped( But again no idea who or when)
EBC yellowstuff pads

The mods to this car are a bit of a mystery as nothing about them in paper work, car has FSH but nothing on the mods apart from the DV. The pads are a bit hard cause they make alot of noise until warmed up.

Im not happy with the filter and the the exhaust does sit very low away from the bumper but it is solid so i dont think its the rubbers.

This looks a very clean example, really liking the red lcr's at the moment, think the colour compliments the car alot! Have any mods planned for it yet?

Cheers it is a very clean example have to say myself. will be cleaner once im done, have a bit of car cleaning OCD.

This is my 1st turbo car so im kinda open to suggestions on mods need bit of help TBH, I like the look of the jabba sport filter with a heat shield. I will be changing to coilovers at somepoint KW ones but springs will do for now. Want to make it a bit stiffer, so a strut brace of some kind, also seen some braces that go in the boot but been unable to find them for sale.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Your at a very good starting place.
Be very careful of an unknown map.
One of the other LCR guiys has just bend his conrods on a car he bought with an unknown map that was boosting too high.
See if you can get your boost/fueling logged on VAG com to make sure all is well.

Think about getting rid of the split R too, known casue of running issues on these enginhes and don't make as much noise as other set ups.

Yellow stuff pads are track based, you will feel the benefit of these when beasting it on back roads/track.

drka-drka

New Schooler
I agree im not a fan of not knowing what has been done to my cars and i mean everything just down to replaced wheel bolts so on.

I would like to get a RR so i can find out more about what BHP and stuff im running. Maybe even go for a map i know. Now this is my 1st non french car ever so.....VAG com iv seen it around the site but not sure is it like a fault finder software

Is it the Split R its self or the way its set up, as i know you can change it from being recirculating or atmopsheric(if thats how u spell them)

The pads do feel awsome with the discs once you get the heat in them i have to say, esp round my way its fun roads everyway out my villae thats why all the car clubs come up here

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I agree im not a fan of not knowing what has been done to my cars and i mean everything just down to replaced wheel bolts so on.

I would like to get a RR so i can find out more about what BHP and stuff im running. Maybe even go for a map i know. Now this is my 1st non french car ever so.....VAG com iv seen it around the site but not sure is it like a fault finder software

Is it the Split R its self or the way its set up, as i know you can change it from being recirculating or atmopsheric(if thats how u spell them)

The pads do feel awsome with the discs once you get the heat in them i have to say, esp round my way its fun roads everyway out my villae thats why all the car clubs come up here
VAG com is the computer interface that you can plug into your diagnostics port.
this allows you to do many things, see Rosswiki.
BHP can be accurately worked out from MAF readings

Logging MAP/revs and MAf reading/fueling/corection factors will allow us to see whats going on with your engine and map

drka-drka

New Schooler
VAG com is the computer interface that you can plug into your diagnostics port.
this allows you to do many things, see Rosswiki.
BHP can be accurately worked out from MAF readings

Logging MAP/revs and MAf reading/fueling/corection factors will allow us to see whats going on with your engine and map

So it just plugs in via a laptop i take it, is it using the connection under the ash tray bit.

nice another red lcr to the club:funk:

Cheers guys im well chuffed so far, keep looking at it thru the kitchen window looks so phat from behind

drka-drka

New Schooler
Few more shots from today. Engine bay

002-46.jpg

Im not happy with this looks rubbish, so i snipped it out

003-45.jpg

Removed the carpet under the bonnet, looks much nicer without it, and i have heard about people saying reduces heat soak and makes the DV louder hehe

026-21.jpg

I also started my detailing of the LCR, car was full of swirls which look rubbish so had to be sorted.

030-17.jpg

020-23.jpg

029-19.jpg

Bonnet after

027-17.jpg

028-22.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I see we have another fellow detailer on the forum.
My life was consummed by this for a few years, sometimes washing my car 2 times a day, lol

drka-drka

New Schooler
I see we have another fellow detailer on the forum.
My life was consummed by this for a few years, sometimes washing my car 2 times a day, lol

We do indeed, i won the Polished Bliss Dec show n Shine with my 207. I have done that 2 washed a car twice in one day, was for a show mind you.

Very nice mate, red is the fastest colour too ;)

I hear that :lol: no other colour comes close

drka-drka

New Schooler
Looking good mate! What products did you use for the detail?

I foamed the car with APC
2BM washed with lambswool washmitt and Megs shampoo plus
Clayed
De-tared
Dried
and now im just polishing a pannel at time when i get spare time, using my DA and Menz polishes seems to be working out fine for now.

Also got some sexy new wipers today

007-42.jpg

008-38.jpg

The passnager window button was broke so i took it out ready to replace or steal one from my bros Leon.

009-36.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise