Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
Shocked!!!!!

Mwah hahaha :thanks: please still trim my boot for me haha

Definitely the best looking LCR IMO. wish I could afford the air ride!

:love::love:

Thanks a lot mate, iv got the big things done now just little niggly bits to Finnish now :D make it what I want. You'd be surprise how cheap it can be, I just went to the extreme with mine, cld have bought a 2nd LCR for that set-up...... That's broken ATM :cartman:

drka-drka

New Schooler
Today's mission.....fix air ride.

Last week the touch pad went dead with no lights on it at all meaning I couldn't control the system at all, bit of a pain in the arse. Lucky it was on the normal driving height. So quik call to luke and after a convo we came to the conclusion that it may be the E-level ECU. So luke popped a new one in the post. Me and my mate wiped the cover off and we were greeted with this....oh joy

New unit

10d82fc9.jpg

The problem...no lights

51a80d4a.jpg

Yey, the four plugs at the bottom of all that, is what I need to get at

de6f2b51.jpg

dc4ea7f7.jpg

So me and my mate ripped out what we could, credit to the guys at plush it was put together really nice. Labelling up the air lines and electrical connections as we went. Once the air lines were taken out the car dropped, meaning we had to fix it or uh oh would be stuck.

985969a4.jpg

Dropped
6b16cf58.jpg

Old vs new

bed0ed93.jpg

New ecu fitted, the problem still remained....so more investigating, multi-meter oot

444639be.jpg

cf8de86d.jpg

Now to front

5abb542d.jpg

Now it was getting voltage all the way along the board, strange. After trying a few more ideas with Luke over the phone we were almost stumped, we rebuilt the system back up and checked voltage again it all seemed fine. I have no idea what we did,but we had life!!!

b040ff57.jpg

It didn't look as good as when plush made it up oops

4c9d28f6.jpg

But we noticed that one of my compressors wasn't working, but it still works off one. I'm booking into plush for my health check a few days before ed38 and since I'm down there I'm also I'm talks for a couple more little bits :whistle:

drka-drka

New Schooler
Well after playing around with the idea of breaking/returning to standard the LCR and getting a mk5 R32 I decided to put it off till I'm 25. Few reasons for this mostly iv never actually seen project to the end always get bored and sell up, the cupra is all paid for so no debt which I like, insurance ain't mental and if wait till 25 can probly get my c-class merc.

Also may have a winter motor sorted so started getting stuff for my winter projects,

Few seat parts

7b17540a.jpg

Black brembos, very stealth I like

2e05a68d.jpg

487b9ce0.jpg

And boom
f7ddc456.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Fresh bits I clued upper grills there?

MKV R32 great motor ;) robbers like them though :(

Don't put back to standard, if you want standard I'll swap u for mine haha

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Glad to hear that you're sticking with it. Every time I see pictures of this I can't help but think of a full air system... I don't think anyone couldn't be taken aback by how well this sits. Just lovely!

Oh, nice to see the originally coded front splitter is back on... didn't fancy the blue one... Do you think you'll be doing the winter mods with plans to show it next year? Hope so... I'm thinking matt black with a lacquer finish for my exterior plastics when it gets a full respray over the winter months. Are you going to paint your new plastics?

Keep the updates flowing buddy....

James :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Fresh bits I clued upper grills there?

MKV R32 great motor ;) robbers like them though :(

Don't put back to standard, if you want standard I'll swap u for mine haha

They'r the lower grills on the front bumper, I have four now.

The robber is the road tax on them bad boys :cry:

Glad to hear that you're sticking with it. Every time I see pictures of this I can't help but think of a full air system... I don't think anyone couldn't be taken aback by how well this sits. Just lovely!

Oh, nice to see the originally coded front splitter is back on... didn't fancy the blue one... Do you think you'll be doing the winter mods with plans to show it next year? Hope so... I'm thinking matt black with a lacquer finish for my exterior plastics when it gets a full respray over the winter months. Are you going to paint your new plastics?

Keep the updates flowing buddy....

James :)

Thanks a lot mate

It's trying my patience just now but should all be good with any luck. The blue splitter is just waiting for a lick of gloss black as my everyday splitter the good one maybe getting some special treatment or just getting taken off forever as you never see it at shows when I'm on grass.

I'm still unsure what to do with my exterior plastics I'm not keen on gloss black tho think like you said a matt finish would be ideal. The plan is to have it ready for UD again with my little touches and a finished interior and engine bay with any luck.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
As people say the air ride is epic and with those rims (drooooool)

Unsure on the calipers though for me as I wanted to see them black

How much the fog surrounds cost ya?

drka-drka

New Schooler
As people say the air ride is epic and with those rims (drooooool)

Unsure on the calipers though for me as I wanted to see them black

How much the fog surrounds cost ya?

The pics iv taken are crap it looks like I don't even have brakes :lol: they are really nice and glossy in person. Im much happier with them all black now

The grills where about £9 each think it's like a tenner once tax and stuff go on

developing an habit, are you? :lol:

hoping for somemore pics of that r32 though. and I'm opting for matte plastics! :)

Close to it mate with this thing atm. Been looking into bay shaving again and it's just a nightmare if I take the plunge or not

Last edited: