Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
Not a very exciting update but I'm rather pleased with the results. As some of you might have seen from my Instagram I was nearly killed inside my own car at the weekend, full leather interior, no way to open my window and A/C about as much use as a set of tits on a fish I was melting.

So I nipped to a local car accessory place and picked up this kit, came to about £40 with my discount card ( £10 cash back on the canister when returned)

ce9b184ed3aab6090a3ad907bd9d9f40.jpg

Once assembled the canister and the gauge/hose looked like this ready to roll, gave this a shake for 3/4 mins as instructed in tin. Before starting I turned the car on and put the A/C on full blast leaving it running for couple mins

98348e36cee4bed1b2d8491680eb524d.jpg

Simply attach the quick release connector to the low pressure port on the cars A/C system, you can't fit it to the high pressure port. It went fit....and I don't know where it is.

0468221451bd70334810816e788f5813.jpg

Simply depressed the trigger for about 4/5 mins, releasing it now and then. Until I got it into the green( no idea if this was right tbh but it seemed logical to me) as it was totally empty before I started seemed to work.

258291e76f0fccbdd724d190e5971a54.jpg

Once I was getting lovely cold air I decided to try out the cleaner as the A/C was a lil moulding smelling before, put it behind the passenger seat and let rip. leaving it for 10 mins with the A/C running and windows closed of course. It stinks really chemically and like strong hospital cleaner so must be working haha.

458b121605bf35eae556f8c2890aa561.jpg

All in all I'm happy with my half hour of work on the car which gave me good results. I could have got this done at a garage but as I was confident my system wasn't leaking and I really wanted to give it a go. Also now I have the gauge thing to use anytime and the canister still has enough for another charge I think.

Also any comments about the state of my interior or engine bay......go fist yourself ya buggers

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good to meet you at Vagaonds Unite mate.

Top bloke and I love the car. Was a good day out :)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Cheers for the comments and photos. Pics look awesome nice and shiney.

Had a awesome weekend went to GTI international on Saturday and met RDS and James.L on the scn stand then went to Ronnis and picked up a leather arm rest, which will be getting sent away to the trimmers so that it will match my dash and steering wheel so on.

Then on Sunday went to brooklands vagabond unite show where I met up with Tom, Dk, El and scene Dan. Had a awesome day was probly one of the best shows iv ever been to really chilled and gotta see some quality cars.

After seeing some really clean engine bays iv decided I need to give mine some love, the pipe off the charge pipe has been slowly discouloring I thought it was from heat but after speaking to the guys at SFS on Saturday they suggested checking how much oil is in my intercooler system....upon looking there's a healthy amount of oil in there so gonna take to all apart clean the inside the pipes, clean the throttle body and fit a oil catch can. Gonna fit my S3 cover, along with the other engine covers they'r getting covered but not in carbon fibre something a lil different. This will be before edition 38 along with fitting the 6 pot porsche brakes which iv been saying I'd do for about 4-5 months now haha.

fb4458f198341b1553b82da27c10c54f.jpg

afd00445937b4eb5158640d81005ee64.jpg

f9385b09c3a394e5f4ed72aef0e774db.jpg

Evidence I do still clean it....sorta

e0684daf60917ce53d0aad14e7e27b62.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Gotta agree, Vagabonds was the best show I've been to yet I'd say. Was so chilled and the standard of cars was very high! Nice planes too ;)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Hello there new steering wheel ;-)

d14c545404524520d261d6aedbf62e85.jpg

I also set about fixing my air, one of the compressors hadn't worked in ages so I set about finding out why. The compressor itself worked once I got it out, as did the relays. Turns out a couple of connectors where a bit loose so I got new ones and then all was good. So now it works very good. Gave me an idea of a few changes over winter too :D:whistle:

3267a488d313979e39ba9d3a6cfd8595.jpg

Got myself a boot organiser cause I think they'r pretty handy [B)] brand new £35 from eBay. As always I have some extra plans for this, can't leave it alone. I hate seeing people's boots open with bags of cleaning products sat in there so iv got a cool little idea. You will see in time :whistle:

f2e6775cf4c10d374164cd16b8005afe.jpg

drka-drka

New Schooler
Updates!! Before the car goes to make way for the GTI for winter

Car had been struggling to start for a while but as it was intermittent I did female thing and ignored it but bought the 2.0tfsi coilpacks + adaptors and kept them in my shed until on day it finally died so that kicked my ass into changing them.

null_zps51abc676.jpg

Fitted, also did a N249 bypass while I was in there....well I had to so I could fit the coilpacks cause the adaptors use the holes for the bracket that holds the N249 valve thingy

null_zps056d7758.jpg

null_zpsa8f399a8.jpg

I never liked my previous filter (jetex one) main reason cause it was blue and didn't match anything else on my car (gayest excuse ever)

null_zps6eb6a63a.jpg

null_zps0981d169.jpg

Finally iv been waiting for these for a while now, some axle relocation plates for the rear so I no longer have to deal with the horrible wheel creep MK4 platform stuff suffers.

null_zps0d6cb809.jpg

Not really a update, just a thing I'm looking into Discs for my porker 6pots utter pain in the ass.