DSG 7 version

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
Theres currently 3 different DSGs:

The DQ250 is the 6 speed wet box thats used in the diesels
The DQ200 is the 7 speed dry box for low torque engines, which the petrol leons use
The DQ500 is the 7 speed high torques engines. Currently used by the Audi TT-RS and the like

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
Thanks for clearing this up.

The official torque limit for the DQ200 is 250Nm, but some cars have much more torque.
Is the torque limit is by software or some physical changes should be done to the standard DSG box to support higher torques?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
The DQ200 is only used in the 1.2TSi, the 1.8Tsi and the 1.6TDi, the max torque for last 2 of those cars is 250Nm, the official torque limit. But when the muppets start having them remapped the DSG boxes will have a very short life and they will be complaining that Seat are rubbish when its all their own fault.

I will then have a good laugh.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
The DQ200 is only used in the 1.2TSi, the 1.8Tsi and the 1.6TDi, the max torque for last 2 of those cars is 250Nm, the official torque limit. But when the muppets start having them remapped the DSG boxes will have a very short life and they will be complaining that Seat are rubbish when its all their own fault.

Another most positive and helpful contribution... :whistle:

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel

So the new Cupra is 350Nm and has the DQ200 DSG...

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
Theres currently 3 different DSGs:

The DQ250 is the 6 speed wet box thats used in the diesels
The DQ200 is the 7 speed dry box for low torque engines, which the petrol leons use
The DQ500 is the 7 speed high torques engines. Currently used by the Audi TT-RS and the like

Btw, is the dq500 is dry or wet?

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Another most positive and helpful contribution... :whistle:

I have only been on the forum fo a little over 6 months and the only thing I know for sure in the time I have been here is that Skidpan hates it when people modify their cars.......

Jun 15, 2013
I have only been on the forum fo a little over 6 months and the only thing I know for sure in the time I have been here is that Skidpan hates it when people modify their cars.......

Correct except for one small point.

I hate it when people modify brand new cars especially when those cars have won 5* rating in magazine tests and are the best in their class. Why people think a few bolt on goodies and a box with a diode in it makes them better is beyond me. Suppose they think a huge international manufacturer like VAG knows less than they do.

But if you really want to modify a car go ahead and buy an older one. Plenty of scope to make that better.

I have a modified car at home, its on its 5th engine, 4th gearbox, 3rd set of wheels and the engine power has gone up from a standard 80 bhp to 208 bhp, now its got 175 bhp but since it weighs about 600 kg that is plenty, will beat just about anything on the road. But the engine has always been tuned correctly, none of this bolt on tuning box nonsense. It also costs £109 a year to insure fully comp.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Right, I get you now. I can go out and buy an older car i.e not registered new as of today and then I can modify it to my heart's content - Fantastic! Right, I'll get a 13plate Leon FR 1.8 and tune the nuts off it! Thank-you so much for the seal of approval... :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Right, so I kind of understand where you are coming from but from, you have a brand new car, if you weren't happy with it why did you buy it right?

From my perspective I went for the 150 diesel knowing that I wanted the 184 but wanted the DSG more than that. Now that the DTUK boxes are out I love the idea that I could push the engine that bit closer to the 184 mark while still having the silky gearbox with it's fun paddles. Sure I could have waited until the 184 DSG was available but didn't feel like pushing the arrival of my car back by an unknown amount of time when I was ordering it and now I know that if I had have waited for it then by the time it would have arrived I would already be over a year on my way to getting a brand new car after three years (lease).

When it comes to modding an old car I get what you are saying but I feel that I end up wanting for more comfort and mod cons that I could get in a new car. Its alright cruising round in an MK1 Golf with 350 BHP but when its 30C in the sun you still envy the granny in the lane next to you while sat in traffic in her 63 plate Fiat Panda with her Climate Control on full blast.

Plus someone has to want to start making modifications at some point for a market to be created and grow. I am sure there are plenty of people that messed about with the car you have when it was brand new too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Right, so I kind of understand where you are coming from but from, you have a brand new car, if you weren't happy with it why did you buy it right?

From my perspective I went for the 150 diesel knowing that I wanted the 184 but wanted the DSG more than that. Now that the DTUK boxes are out I love the idea that I could push the engine that bit closer to the 184 mark while still having the silky gearbox with it's fun paddles. Sure I could have waited until the 184 DSG was available but didn't feel like pushing the arrival of my car back by an unknown amount of time when I was ordering it and now I know that if I had have waited for it then by the time it would have arrived I would already be over a year on my way to getting a brand new car after three years (lease).

When it comes to modding an old car I get what you are saying but I feel that I end up wanting for more comfort and mod cons that I could get in a new car. Its alright cruising round in an MK1 Golf with 350 BHP but when its 30C in the sun you still envy the granny in the lane next to you while sat in traffic in her 63 plate Fiat Panda with her Climate Control on full blast.

Plus someone has to want to start making modifications at some point for a market to be created and grow. I am sure there are plenty of people that messed about with the car you have when it was brand new too.

I was being sarcastic mate:lol: Don't think Mr Skidpan was though?
I'm very happy with the 184 :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Yeah, I caught that LOL, and I am positive Skidpan wasn't being sarcastic.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.