DSG brake pedal height

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
The brake pedal on my DSG seems to sit very high.
Are they all like this or are they adjustable in any way?
Cheers

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
I have had the same issue with all three of my DSG Leons, so it's standard.

It's one of the main reasons I've yet (after 5 years) to find a truly comfortable seating position. With the brake pedal too high, it means my right knee hits the steering wheel cowl unless I raise it higher than is comfortable to steer with, or I have my seat pushed further back.

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks for confirming it's standard.
It's the only thing that bugs me about the car. After 6 months I'm still not used to the brake pedal.

Sast

Feb 17, 2012
Wigan
Either my legs are really short (they aren't) or you have really long legs.

I don't have any issues with the brake pedal, don't notice it sitting abnormally high compared to other cars I've driven anyway.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
i dont have any issues but it does sit higher than previous cars, im no Colin McRae, but there is no way to heel and toe in a leon, hoped this thread had a solution

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Maybe they do vary. I'll take a pic of mine and post it up this evening so we can compare.

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
This is what my brake pedal height looks like. (excuse the muck)
Is yours the same??
pedals.jpg

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
This is what my brake pedal height looks like. (excuse the muck)
Is yours the same??
pedals.jpg

Wigan-20120516-00119.jpg

Looks the same to me, I don't have a problem with the height but I am a short arse :p

When I first got the car my biggest issue was I thought the brake pedal was too far to the right, but I soon got used to it. I have now perfected left foot braking too when giving it the beans, but I use right foot braking for normal driving. I let my mate have a go on a quiet road and asked him to try left foot braking and he nearly send us both through the windscreen :rofl:

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Nice to know mine is the same. Guess I'll just have to get used to it.
Nice pedal covers [B)]

Sast

Feb 17, 2012
Wigan
I actually paid extra attention to the pedal this morning and it does actually seem quite high. I'd never noticed it before, either that or the cars I had previously had a similar layout.

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
I notice it as I have other cars that I drive where the brake is mush lower. Think if I only drove my FR I would just get used to it and forget it.

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.
I saw there was a pedal on eBay.
Thought about bying it and see if I could cut it and then get it welded.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members