DSG creep

tigor

Feb 10, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
I bought a new Ibiza FR auto last week and it’s all good, but one thing that doesn’t seem right is that I can’t stop the car from creeping forward unless I take the car out of gear or hold down the brake pedal. I’ve a 2018 Audi which stops the car creeping forward with a hard press on the brake pedal. Am I missing something?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Having driven a Leon 2.0TDI DSG, Ibiza 1.0TSI DSG, and now a Volvo V40 Geartronic, they all creep forward, when you release the brake in D. The only time it doesn't do that, is when I'm stationary after a firm press on the brake, and the engine is off (due to start stop). I wonder if your Audi has this traffic jam assist / radar, which stops you from running to the back of the car in front.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Doesn’t the Ibiza FR have an electronic handbrake? If so I thought it would just be a case of put it in auto and as soon as you come to a full stop it should apply and stop the car moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Audi will have electric handbrake, which same as Leon will come on with hard press
I've never actually owned any type of auto/dsg (but may have to soon due to foot problems), though I've driven a few of various types. I'd puzzled over this question before when driving a dsg - if the dsg is wanting to "creep" forward, and you stop it with the parking brake while in Drive, is it not in effect slipping the clutch and could this lead to premature wear?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
On my 1.0TSI DSG, once you lift off the brake, it creeps, on the Leon 2.0TDI DSG, once you let you the brake lightly, it engages drive (even in D mode), then you can go. I noticed this as the rpms rises. ON my Volvo, the min I let you, woosh, it goes, like it's always engaged...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.