DSG Farts around 3800 rpm

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
I bought a MK7 Golf GTI exhaust system to my 1.8tsi FR because I have cupra diffuser and I want one pipe on each side plus better sound which I got but wasn't enough.

The GTI exhaust is 65 mm while the 1.8tsi FR is 60 mm so it's little bit larger.
The cat-back MK7 exhaust i bought got mounted stock first (it have two silencers).

Later on I deleted the front resonator/silencer and straight piped it. So it is straight pipe until the rear silencer.

And then came the DSG farts. Plus the sound became much better. I didn't notice much drone.

However the DSG Farts don't come at full throttle max revving.
They come around 40% throttle and the DSG shifts around 3800rpm.

Does anyone know why?

Regards

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
I bought a MK7 Golf GTI exhaust system to my 1.8tsi FR because I have cupra diffuser and I want one pipe on each side plus better sound which I got but wasn't enough.

The GTI exhaust is 65 mm while the 1.8tsi FR is 60 mm so it's little bit larger.
The cat-back MK7 exhaust i bought got mounted stock first (it have two silencers).

Later on I deleted the front resonator/silencer and straight piped it. So it is straight pipe until the rear silencer.

And then came the DSG farts. Plus the sound became much better. I didn't notice much drone.

However the DSG Farts don't come at full throttle max revving.
They come around 40% throttle and the DSG shifts around 3800rpm.

Does anyone know why?

Regards
Same car except I have a custom catback and backbox delete going into quad pipe config. I have this as well, 2nd/3rd/4th best for dsg farts around 3/4k but above that you can't really hear them. My theory has always been because it's pushing so much air out that quickly, it doesn't have time to fully ignite the fuel in the exhaust. Or it's not igniting in the same place in the exhaust which is why it's not as loud. This is just a guess and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members