DSG gearbox P R N D S dash display flashing!

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help with a problem I have with my SEAT Altea 2L TDi PD 140 DSG.

The gear selector P R N D S indicator in the dash display is flashing red constantly once positioned in drive.

I don't appear to have any drivability issues with the gearbox!

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and route to fix it?

Many thanks,

DC

RonDeCuba

Hi,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine has just started doing the same.

RonDeCuba

Thanks for the swift response. My dealer had a quick look today and muttered something about how something was suggesting it was the ignition switch , so what you said is encouraging. However, they also said that did not make much sense to them and they said they needed more time to investigate. I started panicking at this point and sensed the pound signs in their eyes. I figured that as everything works fine and as I tend to keep cars for a very long time, the best fix is a bit of insulation tape to hide the flashing display. How much did the new ignition switch thingy cost you?

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Yeah it has the potential to be something quite major if they want it to be!

Replacement Ignition Key Removal Lock

Unit (Genuine): 19.99 +vat
Fitting: 66.98 +vat

Total: 86.97

Last edited:

Antarctic

Mar 3, 2010
This is very funny, my display show the PRNDS flashing of death too, my vag say:

1 Fault Found:
00194 - Ignition Key Removal Lock
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 0
Reset counter: 1
Mileage: 75000 km
Time Indication: 0

The real funny thing is that the removal lock never worked on my car, i mean that in the past i can extract the key even if the gear is R, D, S or N!!!!

The fact that the error showed at 75000km is a coincidence??? or there is a routine that check every xxx km?

Already tried to unplug the battery and to delete the error, but nothing, the error show always up!
Can anyone suggest a solution? why the error has not been detected before? I think i should open my steering column to check what is happening in there lol!

RondeCuba did you resolved your issue?
C11pra, at what km your indicator begun to flash?

Last edited:

RonDeCuba

Hi Antarctic,

I haven't resolved the problem yet because I have not tried. I can live with it for a few months. Next time I visit my dealer, I will ask again and mention the ignition key lock, but I am in no hurry to spend any money!

I estimate that my fault appeared at approximately 83,000km, so your 75,000km theory seems unlikely to me.

By the way, my key removal lock also stopped working a long time ago, probably at least a year ago, so again I think this is unrelated.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Hi, My 2005 2.0TDI DSG has just got this fault today at 40k :cry:. Does anyone have the part number for the ignition part so I can get one ordered from the dealer please.

Antarctic

Mar 3, 2010
Hi Altea-ego,
maybe you don't need to replace the part, I resolved my self the problem, if you have a bit of manual skills you can disassemble the steering column cover and check the situation... There is a small piece that that can come out of his location..

Please check my guide in our Italian Leon club: [You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.]

maybe you need to use google translator :happy:

Ok seems that i can't post url..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise