Dsg, on going issue, any help?

Lensesi

Aug 24, 2018
After a long time, the issue has been sorted.
It was a faulty mechatronic unit, seems as though the garage I initially took it to were, let's say, not honest.
I took it to an approved seat garage, who sent off the unit and reconditioned it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I have just started reading this month's issue of Car Mechanic, and they did an article covering DSG and the claim, by a mechatronics repair firm is that all VW Group mechatronics units have a software bug built into them that at least for earlier cars, means that even a new unit will still come with that undisclosed software bug, the repair firm said that they remove this bug on all units they repair! Now how accurate/true that statement is I can't say and I don't know when or if VW Group ever acknowledged the presence of any software bugs in their programming, but I thought that I'd just drop this in or add this to this thread.

Lensesi

Aug 24, 2018
I have read numerous articles regarding issues with the dsg units, I would not be surprised if there may be some truth in some of them.
I know for sure the problem I had was not a software issue as I had all the mechatronic fluid all under my car after it refused to drive. It's a shame there are these issues with them, when they are working they are good, but nightmare when going bad.
Weird how it seems uk is the only country not to have had any recalls with these too.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I understand that, I was only adding in the bit about claims of there being software bugs, without anyone stating what exactly the issues that the software bugs caused.

Jan 5, 2022
my daughters car just broke down Monday, Seat leon 2013, 1.6tdi, DSG box auto. Gearbox failure. my normal mechanic is off sick due to covid so I had to take it to another man. He checked it yesterday n said the prob is the mechantronic unit. A new on is €1800, plus prob another 3 r 400 labour. I live in Kerry , Ireland. Does anybody know where I cud get a reconditioned or secondhand unit, wit warranty. I'm prepared to buy it in from a reputable firm in UK if I have to.
john Long.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk