DSG paddle extensions

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Does anybody know if any of the DSG paddle extensions currently advertised on ebay actually fit the Leon?
I did a search as to what people have previously fitted but the current crop of eBay ones seem a bit different.
Cheers.

TrophyJem

Jul 9, 2012
Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Can't find the pic on my photobucket, but look in my readers ride in my sig and you will see my aluminium (effect) ones

Edit : Why are they poor? They fit fine, have held well and look good...

EDIT 2 : Here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352983&page=4

Aluminium paddles just have a much better look and feel. The plastic ones I've seen look cheap IMO.

Plus I want paddles that extend top and bottom - not seen many others than the TIDs that do this.

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
I've just fitted some that I bought off eBay.

£25 from Germany and they fit very well.

It wasn't for the upward extension I wanted them for, they extend downwards by about an inch too.

Is sooner have some ali ones but these will do for now.

I've got a thread where I've listed them.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield

The S2TPPs get really good reviews on the US sites mate, but they aren't that much cheaper than the better looking, IMO, and longer (bottom) TIDs. The one thing I do like is that they properly integrate in to the wheel rather than stick on.

Thinking about getting some TIDs and seeing what my old man can do to replicate them in aluminium. I guess the paddle is easy enough with the right tools and some patience, but the plastic mould for the attachment to the existing paddle is the hard bit. Can theses be bought anywhere?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
The S2TPPs get really good reviews on the US sites mate, but they aren't that much cheaper than the better looking, IMO, and longer (bottom) TIDs. The one thing I do like is that they properly integrate in to the wheel rather than stick on.

Thinking about getting some TIDs and seeing what my old man can do to replicate them in aluminium. I guess the paddle is easy enough with the right tools and some patience, but the plastic mould for the attachment to the existing paddle is the hard bit. Can theses be bought anywhere?

I like these. They're nice and OEM

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire

The TIDs are pretty smart as well. I'd be happy with either. Could you not use the existing OEM paddle shifter as a basis for the mould? Take a plaster cast or something of it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise