DTUK Settings

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Who’s using a DTUK box? If so, what setting do you prefer and why?

After 1 week of using mine, ive found:

1+1 = best for motorway driving (decent pulls in 5th and 6th between 50-80mph).

1-2 = smooth delivery of power and torque but seems to stop pulling after about 5000rpm.

1+2 = best for mid range pulls (2nd-4th gear 20-50mph). I recommend for everyday, door to door driving.

1+3 = low speed, agressive torque.

2+3 = nice smooth delivery throughout all gears.

Any settings on the 3rd programme (efficency) seem to be no different to stock (from what ive noticed so far).

I have the 1.4TSI 125PS engine by the way.

It would be good to hear any body elses preferred settings.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
not got a dtuk box, but seriously considering one.
would bump the power of my 184 to 240(ish) ps and the torque to 500(ish)!
keep us posted on your experiences please ;)

Well from the instant improvements you get straight away when installing it, and they are really noticeable changes, puts a smile straight on your face, I would recommend getting one to any one!

I have a 105 mile journey from Newcastle to Hull today so looking forward to properly testing out the settings. I got the Bluetooth App as well (extra £30) so I can change the setting, see boost pressure etc from my phone.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I've been wanting one of these for a while, but not sure as it's still in warranty. Plus there's been a few issues with the 184FR and the boost pressure sensor. Maybe it's people trying it on the max settings and expecting it to work perfectly (why not?). Looks like you just need to keep lowering the settings until it's happy. I like the idea of the Bluetooth, as I'd be for ever stopping, lifting the bonnet, adjusting, etc. I wanted the CRD3 unit, but when I spoke to DTUK, they recommended the CRD-t as my 184FR is a manual. I suspect it was to do more with the CRD-t being more compatible with fewer issues. I need to speak to my insurance company and see how much they'll increase my policy by.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
I've been wanting one of these for a while, but not sure as it's still in warranty. Plus there's been a few issues with the 184FR and the boost pressure sensor. Maybe it's people trying it on the max settings and expecting it to work perfectly (why not?). Looks like you just need to keep lowering the settings until it's happy. I like the idea of the Bluetooth, as I'd be for ever stopping, lifting the bonnet, adjusting, etc. I wanted the CRD3 unit, but when I spoke to DTUK, they recommended the CRD-t as my 184FR is a manual. I suspect it was to do more with the CRD-t being more compatible with fewer issues. I need to speak to my insurance company and see how much they'll increase my policy by.

What issues with the 1.8FR?

I have one in mine and haven't had a single problem

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,
If you have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan

Lmaseeon

Jun 19, 2018
not got a dtuk box, but seriously considering one.
would bump the power of my 184 to 240(ish) ps and the torque to 500(ish)!
keep us posted on your experiences please ;)
Hi Smeghead,
I have a DTUK for the 184 if you're interested in buying one? I'm hopefully trading mine in so won't need the box. I love it though, I run mine on 2+2 most of the time.
If anyone is interested in a 6 month old DTUK crd3 for the 184 then let me know.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
Who’s using a DTUK box? If so, what setting do you prefer and why?

After 1 week of using mine, ive found:

1+1 = best for motorway driving (decent pulls in 5th and 6th between 50-80mph).

1-2 = smooth delivery of power and torque but seems to stop pulling after about 5000rpm.

1+2 = best for mid range pulls (2nd-4th gear 20-50mph). I recommend for everyday, door to door driving.

1+3 = low speed, agressive torque.

2+3 = nice smooth delivery throughout all gears.

Any settings on the 3rd programme (efficency) seem to be no different to stock (from what ive noticed so far).

I have the 1.4TSI 125PS engine by the way.

It would be good to hear any body elses preferred settings.

I find that map 1 tends to produce the power and torque figures higher up the rev range. I use 2+1 or 2. Mid range increase which is where I spend most of my time anyway. 1.4 TSI DSG FR for me. Had it just over a month now with Bluetooth app. Works great. Better on fuel too from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
What if you had a lease car and you took the box off just prior to its annual service.

Would the Seat Dealer know that there was a tuning box on it if the car was in for it's first Annual service?

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Unless they 're looking for it I suppose?

Unless they send the ECU off to their headoffice and a technician specifically looks at the driving data. If they look that deep into it they will be able to see the engine has not been performing as per manufacturer spec, but the likelihood of them doing that is nil.

The box doesnt leave a td1 flag like a flashed ECU (remap)

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
Unless they send the ECU off to their headoffice and a technician specifically looks at the driving data. If they look that deep into it they will be able to see the engine has not been performing as per manufacturer spec, but the likelihood of them doing that is nil.

The box doesnt leave a td1 flag like a flashed ECU (remap)

Damn you Pew..

Now I must buy a DTUK Box...

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I find that map 1 tends to produce the power and torque figures higher up the rev range. I use 2+1 or 2. Mid range increase which is where I spend most of my time anyway. 1.4 TSI DSG FR for me. Had it just over a month now with Bluetooth app. Works great. Better on fuel too from what I’ve seen.

Did you notice much difference? Just had a look on the site and it’ll only take my 140 to 157

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Did you notice much difference? Just had a look on the site and it’ll only take my 140 to 157

Most people focus io the power gains but a map or a box don't just give more power. They change how and when it's delivered as well, it changes the way the car drives so will likely feel more powerful anyway.

You will notice a positive change with a map or box, regardless if it's only 17or so bhp increase and 20/30 or so ft/lb torque

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Most people focus io the power gains but a map or a box don't just give more power. They change how and when it's delivered as well, it changes the way the car drives so will likely feel more powerful anyway.

You will notice a positive change with a map or box, regardless if it's only 17or so bhp increase and 20/30 or so ft/lb torque

That is true. What advantages would having something like a DTUK box have over say paying the extra £60 getting the car on a dump for a revo map?

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Remap is always better, it can be tailored exactly to your car and engine and physically changes the ECU map and settings. A remap is usually a little more expensive due to this & time for someone to map it.

Advantage of the boxes are if you don't own the car, you can remove it with no noticeable (but not impossible) trace to avoid issues with warrenty repairs. The box doesnt change any part of your ECU, it changes the signals afterwards. You can also resell it and get some money back. They are a little cheaper as well.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018

f7414eebfafa5a2c1e65d3af13f10ecf.jpg

That’s the quoted increase for mine. Until I get it on a dyno I can’t prove it but does it make much difference? Yes. Huge difference.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.