DTUK tuning box

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
And thanks Dean for keeping us updated on your experience and giving me a lot more confidence in the DTUK boxes.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Pleasure. Im looking forward to doing a real economy test when I'm back at work. Short town trips while I've bee off seem about the same but it was really variable to start with so I wouldn't want to say.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I backed up my phone today so i thought i would share the videos I mentioned.

This is a before and after comparison (33mb): http://smebo.co.uk/video/dtuk_box_before_and_after.wmv

It's easier to time in premiere than on my phone, i said 13sec and 10sec but if you start when you hear the stupid sport mode drone kick in and stop at 100mph on the display i make it:

Before - 3sec - 16.7sec = 13.7sec

After - 27.7sec - 38.6sec = 10.9sec

2.8sec or 20% quicker

Jun 15, 2013
So you admit doing 100 mph on a public road. That is a ban and you have posted the evidence to prove it. Well done.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
If you read the original comments or check the iptc data of the video you will see it was at my work which is private.

I'm not an idiot.

Jun 15, 2013
I'm not an idiot.

Says the person who thinks that a standard 184 TDi is not fast enough for public roads and buys a box of diodes that may or may not improve the performance and may or may not end the warranty.

If the car was not fast enough why did you buy it in the first place.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Fair enough. Each to their own and all that. Put me in the pile with the millions of other idiots out there.

tardis56

Fair enough. Each to their own and all that. Put me in the pile with the millions of other idiots out there.

Skidpan should maybe look at a different thread if he isn't interested in improving performance. It's not compulsory you know.
Lets get back on track and see how Dean progresses with the box, in the meantime go and look at the cleaning and polishing topics.:)

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
What people with cars over 180hp?

Just noticed you edited your post. I bought it mainly to save money. It is a great value package and I could not justify spending more for a better badge but no more car.

It is a large decrease in power from my previous car but the tuning certainly lessens it. Worth £300 of my money and like I said, each to their own.

tardis56

What people with cars over 180hp?

Just noticed you edited your post. I bought it mainly to save money. It is a great value package and I could not justify spending more for a better badge but no more car.

It is a large decrease in power from my previous car but the tuning certainly lessens it. Worth £300 of my money and like I said, each to their own.

Very much agree plus my other car has 525bhp so the more ther merrier although the torque with the DTUK box is more than that car.