Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

DTUK tuning box

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by DeanC, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Blaine

Blaine Active Member

I've always ran mine on 3+2, few hissy fits at the start but all grand over the past 10k.
    Might upgrade to the CRD3 after Christmas.

2. MATTCR

MATTCR FR

Also been running +3 on all maps for months now and no issues (other than wheel spin :D)

3. £260 delivered

4. madduffyx

madduffyx Active Member

I've pm'd you mate.

5. Wakoyeomans

Wakoyeomans Active Member

I also run mine on 3 +2 and haven't had any issues at all. That's with the CRD3+ On the 150. Looking at changing to he cupra though as can't beat petrol power, so will be selling it now...

6. Just removed the DTUK box from my Cupra 280 as handing it back and just going to write a very quick review as i was struggling to find reviews when i was looking to purchase it

I ran mine for around 10,000 miles at the max setting and had no engine lights or any problems

fuel economy i didn't notice any difference for better or worse but wasn't paying much attention

Power difference is massive, boost is alot harder and sooner. When overtaking you can just leave it in 6th and the loads of power but now with it removed i am finding myself dropping into 4th.

7. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

If I buy a DTUK box on ebay that was for a mk7 Golf R, will this work fine on my cupra 290?

8. IansMusical

IansMusical Active Member

@dieselface: Probably a long shot but at least 6 months ago you had a 1.8 TSI DTUK box for sale. Do you still have it?

Is there anybody with a Mk3 1.8 TSI and the DTUK box that is happy to offer their honest opinions? Am I likely to get Golf GTI or Cupra like performance etc?

Thanks!

9. also interested in the answer to this, is the 280, 290 and golf R box all the same?

10. Stubaloo

Stubaloo Active Member

Yes it is the same and it would go onto a Cupra but what I noticed with the 290 black is that
    The figures wouldn't reach the figures shown on the golf R s3 etc so boost was turned down to suit the car . Worth setting up on rollers as there no point putting boost of if bhp doesn't change

11. MATTCR

MATTCR FR

Selling my CRD3+ 184 box. PM me your offers.

12. auds2

auds2 Active Member

DTUK Hardware is the same across all the 2.0 TFSI engines, You will find that there is a software difference in all BHP changes and also dependant on manual/dsg gearbox.:)

13. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Is there any downsides with buying a secondhand box, other than it being faulty?

14. auds2

auds2 Active Member

No warranty on them and you will always pay for software updates.

15. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Some good points. Do many people bother with the updates. I would only use it for 2 years anyway

16. auds2

auds2 Active Member

Not sure Dave. From a transfer pov tho if you decide to change cars in the future your gona be hit with software charges.

17. can they be flashed for different 2.0 TSFI engines?

18. auds2

auds2 Active Member

Yup. They can be flashed to cover most modern turbo charged petrol engines not just tfsi. There are a few exceptions to that tho as some of the newer vag and merc engines have digital sensor technology on them now called SENT protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Anyone ever had any come back running this on a lease car, or when getting a service etc?

20. motty225

motty225 B9 S4

Just remove it before a service