Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

DTUK tuning box

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by DeanC, Dec 17, 2013.

1. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

What about the ecu flagging something up?

2. JMAC

JMAC Active Member

Nothing will flag, even if it was connected. The only way to tell a box has been in place is to compare the fueling and boost tables with that of a stock car. Boxes aren't completely undetectable but very few technicians would have the knowledge or inclination to go sniffing.

3. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Cheers for the reply. May just get one from ebay for cheap and give it a go.

4. kiddo

kiddo ST Cupra

My 280 with dtuk box logs over boost but does not show eml. Before service I remove the dtuk and associated cabling and clear the error codes.

5. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Thanks that's good to know, i'll do the same. How you finding the box? I cant decide on a second hand DTUk or just get a new JB1

6. auds2

auds2 Active Member

Why second hand dtuk v new jb1 dave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. dave_c

dave_c Active Member

Only because I've read better things about the JB1 especially on the golf R forum, so if I was gonna spend full price id get that. Plus hardly ever see any second-hand JB1 boxes on ebay, DTUK boxes there have been quite a few.

8. apsol

apsol Active Member

Quick question, are the harnesses from Audi, VW the same as Seat ? On a 1.6 TDI.

It should be but I want to be sure.

9. auds2

auds2 Active Member

Depends on age and engine bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. apsol

apsol Active Member

I have 1.6 TDI 105hp CAYC 2013 engine, I see there's a box for the revised engine which is now 116hp but the torque remains the same.

What I wanted to do is buy the box with the map for the 116hp so I can get more hp from it instead of buying the one for the 105's version.

But I'm not sure if that would be good. Don't know what has been changed to the engine, maybe they just increased the power but the components are the same.

11. Havsgaard

Havsgaard Active Member

Seems as 3+2 was too much, the coil light turned on the other day, so down to 3+1.

12. ukoldschool

ukoldschool Active Member

mine too, although I just removed the box, (put the plug in) and drove home in glow plug light on limp mode, then left it overnight and reconnected the box and its all cleared and back as it was before, very odd

13. garry H bird

garry H bird Active Member

Hi Boys and girls just thought I would make a quick comment mine came up with coil light the other day running on p2+2 didn't show up of late very strange turned it to p3 0 runs well and smooth seems it can be very hit and miss when its good its very good seems only for a short wile I have also had mine on a dyno car was 160bhp standard which I was expecting 148bhp/150ps P2+2 gave best results as we tried all settings best result was 175 a good dollop of extra torque more than standard lower down and midrange pulls hard but later part of rev range don't feel that different if I was running standard and no box connected but then we are getting into 3 figure on speed overall a very good box but a little disappointed still about the 200bhp mark and torque 440nm? I am aware all cars are different and all dyno figures are different
    cheers ghb

14. Andrew@DTUK

Andrew@DTUK Forum Sponsor

this is advice that were now sending out with new boxes, as a lot of people assume that the boxes will run on +3 and some others think that as you change from map 1 to 2 to 3 the power increases..

this should help and hopefully save some of you from having issues

15. perryqhill

perryqhill Active Member

are the dtuk boxes for the Leon fr 184 different between manual and dsg versions?

16. LouG

LouG Active Member

I love the part about stickers on the module as 99% of men don't read instructions. Hopeful to the last.