Dual Mass Flywheel

stelvis95

Has anyone else had any problems with the Dual Mass Flywheel on their 1.9tdi? I have an Altea Stylance that has just done 10k miles. I noticed a juddering at around 55-60 mph in fifth at around 1800rpm.

Took it straight to the dealer (Listers Coventry) where I did not buy it from and they sent a technican out with it straight away. He immediatly diagnosed it and they have ordered the new flywheel so it has yet to be repaired.

The technician said he had come across it on all the SEAT range but it was not a major problem. Does anyone know whether this is likely to occur again in another 10k miles and whether it is a major problem? :p

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
It was a problem on mine, same juddering at same sorta speed ranges. Replaced Clutch and flywheel. No problems since, that was at 7.5k and am at 24.5k now in 8mths!!! Miss-fire type fault at present, dont think it related though.

stelvis95

Cheers, thats a relief. Do they just put a different type, make in? Credit where its due though, dealer rang yesterday morning, cars booked in this monday, thats just 2 days turnaround, plus i get a courtesy car aswell.

stelvis95

Thanks Klaus

I took the car in yesterday and had the flywheel replaced. Unfortunatly the juddering is still there, particularly when the climate control is on. I have to take it back but does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

####Seat Altea 1.9tdi Stylance####:cartman:

NorthernMonkey2

Hi, any developments on this?

Reason I ask is my 1.9 TDI went in with same probs last Friday. Dealer replaced [or said it replaced] flywheel, clutch and release bearing.

Got the car back but still have the vibration at motorway speeds.

Car has only done 17k!

Reyno99

Hi i have same problem at motorway speeds around 2500 revs, not sure if its the fly wheel or the maf airflow sensor on its way out.mine has done 27000:(

NorthernMonkey2

I took mine back to the dealer for a test drive with the technician, he agreed you can feel and hear a vibration but beleives it is ok. I am told I am hearing induction roar. Hmmm. Still, warranty intact so it will go back if any deterioration.

djinkinson

Did you get to the bottom of this problem. I seem to have similar problem - vibration between 2250 and 2500 revs felt mainly in 4th, 5th and 6th. Not road speed related - definitely engine speed.

Regards
Dave

Bill55

I had a vibration problem awhile back and was not sure if it was the DMF or just a rough running engine. The DMF is there to 'smooth out' the some of the roughness of a diesel engine.
I put a load of injector cleaning fluid through and gave it a bit of an italian tune up and the vibration has gone except for when I try to accelerate hard from about 1500 rpm. Mines a 1.9TDi.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.