1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Dump valve/diverter valve. Help?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by inliner_04, Apr 14, 2010.

1. inliner_04

inliner_04 Active Member

I have a Leon cupra 180, and i wanted to get the Forge Split-R, i want the hissy sound of the dump valve and this seemed like a good option as supposedly it would stop the car going into limp mode due to being partially a dump valve and partially a re-circulation valve.

Since joining however i have heard many people mentioning problems with the split-r. Apparently some peoples cars are still going into limp mode, some people are losing power, others cant set them up right...

Someone mentioned i would be better off with a 007p?

firstly what is the difference between a dump valve and a diverter valve?
    Secondly would i still get the sound?
    Thirdly are there less problems associated with a 007p?

Thanks for your help, matt.

2. murphy

murphy Guest

Do a search mate loads of info on here about them.

3. traumapat

traumapat Leon Cupra IHI

dump valve dumps to atmosphere (the hiss) diverter valves recirculate the air(quieter hiss)
    People say dump when they mean either
    Your ecu works best with a recirc valve, like the 007p. make the most of the quieter hiss with an induction kit/ cone filter.

If you want it louder then your best trying the split r, have a chat to forge on setting it up.

4. Moshymosh

Moshymosh Active Member

i have a forge split r that i have taken off my car as i was bored with the hiss sounds it gets annoying after i while am trying to sell it if you are intrested? just o note i had no problem with mine did not bring up any fault code or go into limp mode was perfect

#4 Moshymosh, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  5. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

An open cone induction kit, a 007p and remove ure bonnet lining and u will think dark vader lives under there especially when dumping under high boost if u are remapped.