dump valve

ibiza staff

Apr 29, 2009
kings lynn
hi, ive got an ibiza fr 1.8 20v turb wanting to put a dump valve on it. i want a bit more of a whoosh, what is better an atmospheric dump valve or recirculating dump valve? and what make would u recomend for not too much money? cheers

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi, ive got an ibiza fr 1.8 20v turb wanting to put a dump valve on it. i want a bit more of a whoosh, what is better an atmospheric dump valve or recirculating dump valve? and what make would u recomend for not too much money? cheers

I would go for the Forge 007 recirc valve (I have one on my FR 20VT). With a Green filter and drilled airbox it makes a nice noise (but not too chav sounding). Forge also do a splitter valve that splits the boost between recirculating and atmospheric and can be tuned (eg. 50/50, 60/40 etc.) The atmospheric gives most sound! The recirc valve is the best for avoiding any MAF issues in the future. You can pick up cheapo recirc valves off ebay but you get what you pay for as they say!

Last edited:

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Atmospheric's will give fault codes eventually, the 1.8t is designed to run using a recirc valve. The Forge Split-r is best of both worlds if you can get it set up right, some people have had problems with them some haven't. It's a gamble. Most people go for the Forge 007p fully recirc which has been extensively tried and tested.

Gooner Mike got there seconds before me!

Last edited:

ryanmini1275

Ive just put a green cotton air filter in and Split-r valve running in hybrid (think its 60/40) mode and can definitely notice a difference.

Good thing about the split-r valve is its not too noisy.

I got mine off ebay - item number 380134017059

ABOO

Mar 22, 2007
DEWSBURY - W.YORKS
To get any real noise the 007 needs to paired to an induction kit as the standard airbox acts as a muffler. Don't do it though imo. Stick to a panel filter buddy...

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
"reversed 007"?

You just turn it round so that the boost goes through it in the opposite direction! These picturea re not of an Ibiza but you get the idea!

NORMAL
2560003362_13b696e832.jpg

REVERSED
2186241880_bea2ffff8d.jpg

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
I reversed mine and it sounded awfull with the yellow spring so maybe for that I'd have to change back to green. What could this be the yellow spring to strong for it reversed?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I reversed mine and it sounded awfull with the yellow spring so maybe for that I'd have to change back to green. What could this be the yellow spring to strong for it reversed?

I'm running a yellow spring in mine and it sounds lovely :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.