dump valve????

X180 CUP

I currently have a forge spltr connected and although my car hasn't been goin into limp mode like others said on previous threads it still isn't responding as well as it did before I put it on there! Thinkin I may go for the 007 instead! Is this still a blow off valve? Could someone please advise me of the correct product number on forge motor sport as the only 007 one I can find is not atmospheric?

Thanks

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
iv had both. the split r valve is ok but only when its running 100% recirculating. other than that it didnt suit me. now i have the forge 007p and its fantastic. go for the 007p and put a cone filter on if u want noise. the split r is very quiet anyway. to be honest i think its a waste of money.

X180 CUP

Thanks mate, that's what I was planning on doin but can't find the 007p that's atmospheric, the one I'm finding on the site doesn't have the blow off cone, do you know what the product code is for the one you have?

Cheers

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The 007p are not an atmos valve.
If you've got the blanking plate for the split-R try fitting that and see how it runs

X180 CUP

If its not an atmos valve why do people keep tellin me they are much louder than the spltr??

X180 CUP

Sorry but this is gonna make me appear stupid, but I don't understand how you get the psssst noise if it doesn't have the cone with or without the induction kit! Thought without the cone it just recirculates all the air instead of releasing some?? Someone may have to explain what a dv actually is lol

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I think it's more that you hear the DV echo through the the air filter than it dumping to atmos.
If you fit the blanking plate to the Split-R it basically make's it into a 007p

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
instead of it venting to atmosphere it vents into a pipe. still makes a noise. louder with a cone filter/induction.

If you want a very loud whoosh noise youve bought the wrong car.

X180 CUP

Well I'm fitting my induction kit tomorrow so I should get a lot of noise from the 007p then? Obviously I don't just want it for the noise and understand that with the engine of the leon I'm not gonna produce scooby sound but would like to get the maximum I can whilst aiding performance! So 007p is the one to get?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
yes the 007p is the one to get. also for a bit more noise take off the sound proofing on the underside of the bonnet.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
My GFB 50/50 and Apexi mushroom ensure mine is loud ;)

its a boost leak you can hear:p

you getting on alright with the 50/50? much louder than the 007?
im happy with the R1 but the 50/50 might be a better dv than the splitter for you truck drivers.;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise