Dump valves, spacers, recirculating, atmospheric and filters...whats what?

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
ok quite a few questions in one thread so i apologise...had a search and couldnt find the answers to most of these questions, would be great if you could help...

dump valves.. what is the one that sounds like a chipmunk (chattering) and the other sound like a tschhh... lol recirc? atmos?

spacers...seen this word a few times...dont know what they are...?

And finally what sort of sound does a cone filter give? a big sucking noise? chatter from turbo? (read that somewhere)

also whats the best for a leon FR DSG 2.0 tfsi in terms of all these...i like the sucking noise (heard it on a scooby STi) and the chattering...

sry bout all the questions...my knowledge on this stuff isnt v good at all...

jamesgtturbo

Dec 10, 2006
derbyshire
The recirculating dump valve will give you more of a chattering noise than an atmospheric dump valve !

An open end cone filter will give you a sucking noise when coming onto boost and then you will get wastegate chatter on lift off .

spacers are wheels spacers and they fit onto the hubs (in between the wheel and the hub itself) and give the car a wider track !

As for whats best for the leon dsg 2.0tfsi i wouldnt like to advise you because i have no experience on these cars at all . Have a look through peoples spec list and have a look at there mod list see whats commonly being used !

i shall be going with the EVOMS V-Flow High Flow Induction System
mk51.jpg

with a heat shield
heatshield_sized.jpg

and the engine cover to retain a little bit of a tidier finish and OEM look
8p_engine_cover_small.jpg

probably from http://www.vag-tuner.com/acatalog/copy_of_2.0TFSI.html really not cheep but seem to get rave reviews on the A3's

along with a http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010102&product=FMFSITV
FMFSITV.jpg

By spacers do you mean the ones that go on the recirc valve? if so dont bother they are not worth the the money and just give you a little bit of noise which you will already have with the above parts. There are other intakes available, Forge but this one is located very low in the front of the car and susceptible to water ingest and there is also the Carbon air intakes which look good but dont seen to do to much from the bits i have been reading.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
oh right ok guys thanks for that...bit clearer...

Is that induction kit just for an A3 ? also will the chatter noise be quite loud without a DV and just the induction?

also forgot to add that i will be getting it remapped so will it be even louder due to running at higher boost? is that right? lol

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
cool sounds good.

think an induction kit and DV are going to be my new purchases after a remap :funk:

cant wait...thanks for the help...if anyone has a sound clip or video with the sound of there car if they could link it or post it in here that would be groovy! :D

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
hi just thought you might want to know, quite alot of people have had evoms but changed it because its too loud and intrusive and insdead gone for the dbilas and thats prob the one ill be going for sometime when i get round to it.

when you say spacer that is one of two things wheel spacer as mentioned above or dv spacer which is what makes the tshhh noise your after.

Last edited:

Poverty

Hows that?

evoms is a under bonnet intake with a makeshift heatshield, prone to sucking in hot air. The diblas is a proper intake in that it takes air from outside in a similiar way to the stock intake but with alot less restriction.