dump valves

johnny

can anyone tell me the low down on dump valves for the 1.8 t ibiza

i run the 007 forge no problems with it but its so quiet ie recirculating....

i now run a boss performance one awesome noise the same valve as langly run on his ibiza in max power as a mag car now if a mag car can run one why are we always advised away from them .........................?

johnny

a bus i think u find thats air brakes sun shine !!!!!!

So what do you run ???? skun

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
of course it is,but it sounds the same,try a search for the reason why recirc dump valves are better on a 20vt,i personally drive a skoda octavia vrs with a forge 006 dump valve as the standard one is crap on a chipped motor,as its diaphram rather than piston type that i have /many others use.

my mum used to call me sunshine when i was 5,thanks for the memory ;)

johnny

i know why i have uprated my dump valve i want to know why we use recurculating ones has anyone had problems with blow offs does anyone else have a boss one i have run both forge 007 and now the boss

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
just put the gfb one on,if it works well done,if not then its only your time/money
wasted anyway.
if you really want the whoosh noise you'll put up with it stalling and stuff anyway

i think you'll find he never ran any vag-com type software to check for fault codes,
and when i heard it, must say tick over didn't seem very smooth.
he did run it for 12 months tho,shame he didn't do any power runs before/after
which is what they should do when recommending parts etc.
(he was running revo tho so not a bad car)

cant ask him now tho cus he gave his car away :confused: and is sticking
with his scooby :hide:

supprised the "winner" of his car hasn't found his/her way here yet :whistle:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
to all the people who say 'its ok'

how's the air fuel ratio
is the car overfuelling
what are the long term effects (and I don't mean you've run it to work & back for a couple of thousand miles)

There is a VERY good post that I need to dig out that explains it very clearly why atmospheric DV's are bad for your 20VT

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I know Robdon has tried about every type of DV on the market fot the 20VT engine, and he must have spent a few quid in the process, even his latest HKS one is causing a few issues;-

http://www.20v-turbo.co.uk/index.html

But he is still trying to find a solution.

Personally I wouldn't spend money making it go faster, then fit a part that sounds good but slows it up and could cause long term issues.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It's the turbo reliablility issue that would worry me the most. you don't want the turbo to have any bits come off & either fly thru your cat (exhaust side) or fly thru the inlet side into your engine.

your mates will respect you big time when there's metal in the piston causing a camblet failure (or worse)

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
I did have the car cut out on me.. but i needed to tighten the valve on the DV .. seems to be ok at the moment.. touch wood!

I haven't got a Cat on my Cupra.. She does occansionally pop'n'bang though.. :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise