dust caps

begbie

Sep 4, 2006
guys,

Sorry if this subject has already been posted in the past.

Got home from the pub on sunday morning to find that some little :censored: has stolen one (yes only one!) of my silver dust caps from the wheels [:@] .

I've got the new Reference Sport in black with the aero kit on it and the 18" wheels and now the look is spoiled as the valve threads are brass and stand out a mile now (well, they do to me anyway).

Any of you know where I could get my hands on good replacements. I say that in plural because I've got a feeling that won't be the last cap to go walkies.

Cheers in advance.

cupraR373

Ebony Black LCR225
Dec 17, 2004
Deep Underground
i got over 2000 results on ebay for valve caps. It all starts with valve caps by the way, next the wee scrot will be shop lifting then mugging old ladies then probably move onto International terrorism.

Next time you see a ned on a unicycle grab him by the throat and ask where he got his shiny new dustcap.

I've seen alot of unicycle riding neds in the Lower Both-well area.:p

begbie

Sep 4, 2006
Cheers ya cheeky fecker :D

Can't get access to Ebay at work so I'll check tonight at home. Are the caps cheap plastic painted one's or are they solid metal type? I suppose if they're decent looking painted plastic one's then it aint as bad when they get knicked!

It really angers me to know that some wee git has been eyeing up the car for the wrong reasons though.

Does Ebay have anything for making the dust caps electricated?!

cupraR373

Ebony Black LCR225
Dec 17, 2004
Deep Underground
there all aluminium or brass me thinks. Just buy plenty of cheap ones. dont buy the locking ones because they will just cut the valve off your wheels and you'll have 4 flat tyres. you should get t to put a secuity light out front.

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi All :lol:

Had the same trouble with mine. So I got some "RICHBROOK Spinning anti-theft caps" from Motor world. Around £13 a set. I then blagged a set of 4 chrome valve covers from Kwik-Fit (free). Not had a problem since. (touch wood) & they look good too!!!! :cheers:

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Seat UK dont do them, and that sucks. I got a sim. set from Halfords.

Fish

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
If you only lose one or two caps keep an eye on the local kids bikes! Thats where they went off a Mondeo i had. Saw him round my car but didn't realise untill later what he had been up to. :censored: Company car so stuck four black plastic ones on and never had the problem again.

Paul

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
DONT BUY CHEAP ONES :( I had some on my Celica, and i couldnt get them off (seized on) no matter what i tried!!! In the end had to take the car to the dealer to take them off - they couldnt do it there and then - they tried for about 30mins - and i had to book the car in and ended up charging me an hours labour and for 4 new valves.

Make sure there are not going to sieze up on you :)

Rob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.