DV Relcation - anyone got fitting instructions/guide?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
cheers for that guys

m0rk, the boost on ur log seems to peak higher than mine, and hold it longer. However, seeing as I have only fitted the new spring today etc I havent actually been able to do any logging yet, so I am comparing yours with my one and only RR result...

Will have to do some logging at some point - what gear is it done in again? 3rd or 4th?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
a bit of an update now...

I have been trying to think logically about this for ages.

The noise I'm hearing would be the DV oscillating. Now, the boost comes into the side of the valve, and when it dumps the spring is compressed as the vac pulls the piston upwards, allowing the air to dump through the base and hence echo down my CAI....

Now, if the spring is too strong, the vac may not be good enough to hold the dv open, and with a stronger spring in it, it could be struggling to keep the valve open, and spring compressed. Hence the "chatter" type noise I am hearing.

Now with the blue spring being stronger, the problem should be WORSE with it.

Thats my thoughts anyway. I think that makes more sense to me?

Anyway, I have swapped back to the green spring this morning. Thats the weakest spring of the lot.

After a drive, I've still managed to replicate the problem, but I'm sure its much less than before, and the noise seems to be quieter, which i can only assume is because its still happening but not struggling as much?!?

Only thing I'm a bit worried about now, is that my boost gauge was reading a peak of 22/23psi, and I managed to hold 19/20psi quite regularly. I don't understand why (if anyone can perhaps explain this?) but I think I might need to turn my boost down on my sps3?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise