Dynamic Rear Indicators

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Daire92, May 17, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

1. Daire92

Daire92 Full Member

2. Blowski

Blowski Full Member

Love these... maybe when I have to upgrade the 280 these will be an option to add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Joe1110

Joe1110 New Member

Love these also, I’m hoping that there’s some way this can be coded though! I can’t see why not, you’re just turning individual LEDs on in sequence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Daire92

Daire92 Full Member

The lights above apparently need some extra hardware in the lights themselves as well as some coding.

5. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

A bit too much for what the outcome is - 1300€? Less than that I can get a Stage 1 remap and it will be much more fun than those ;)

6. Bailer

Bailer New Member

exactly, if you can see the rear indicators on your Cupra, its probably been nicked!

7. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

Truth be told, a lot of people are going to be seeing the rear of our cars... ;)

Blowski likes this.
  8. IrnBru

IrnBru Member

Those types of indicators are awesome, but not worth the €1300, you would think SEAT would have done this to their face lift mk3.

9. Blowski

Blowski Full Member

Probably another thing they won't do in a hurry as to keep the distinction between the Golf R, S3 etc. I think it is standard on the mk7.5 Golf R but you have to pay for it on the S3.

I expect Seat will follow suit at some point in the future the more common it gets. Fords and Peugeots have this on some models too. I'm pretty sure I've seen scrolling indicators on a lorry or two also.

cptSparko likes this.
  10. RadCordy

RadCordy Full Member

Exactly, VAG have to differentiate their products somehow. If everything was to Audi spec on a SEAT, why pay the extra for an Audi!
    Those indicators to look good though, the new Audi A6 ones look amazing, super bright too

11. TheVoice

TheVoice Full Member

Not a fan at all, they're tacky. The whole point of LED indicators is that you get a bright, clean on-off flash. The dynamic ones are putting fancy looks over functionality and they're less visible because of it.

theoldboy and kazand like this.
  12. IrnBru

IrnBru Member

I believe these will be the standard in a couple of years time.

13. WaveyDaveyGravy

WaveyDaveyGravy But I'm so tasty

I think I remember Audi convincing regulators that the sweeping worked better as it gave an indication of if the car was moving in a certain direction, so it was better if the car was parked up on hazards and one indicator covered up. However they seem to have the sweeping on all the time on every car even on hazards, which totally defeats that thought. Oh well.

14. TheVoice

TheVoice Full Member

Probably, I've already seen them on commercial vehicles, a newer Lexus and on the front of a newer Suzuki. Hopefully they'll at least add a setting to just have a normal flash instead.