Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

DYNO DAY-SCN Sunday 30th October 2011

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

Firstly, Big thankyou to everyone who came yesterday. Great turn out.. Kept us going until gone 6pm from 10am start.
    Apologies buttie van man did'nt show up :no: :shrug:

Big thankyou to Welly, Tony, Tuffty for their invaluable help during the day getting things organised, on and off the dyno nice and efficiently. :thumbup:

Okies.. Logs and your dyno plots and fault codes where I saw them (cleared them before the runs) now uploaded by Vehicle Reg and name in my folder here> http://www.badger-5.com/bin/bin-index.php?dir=Dyno/asn-scn-301011/

Highest on the day RX7 with GT35 - damn it was loud from its screamer pipe + 8krpm and eye stingingly overfueled! 350+bhp from 12psi boost

Lowest on the day the Triumph GT6 with 75bhp, but what a lovely noise... :D

Nice collection of cars... Some with issues as most have, maps without adequate fueling (way too lean), some with stage 2's on stock smic and getting muchos hot... but nothing too bad.

Great day. Thanks again
    See you all again soon for the next one.

All the best Badger5 Team

2. rsrich

rsrich Newbie

Nice one Bill, the boys were doing a grand job as always keeping things moving through, must be one of the best value Dyno days going :D good to see such a nice turn out.

3. cuprawill

cuprawill Turbo lag is foreplay

Cheers for a good day will be back up with a new clutch and 3bar fpr. I have sent the money for adjustments

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

4. sambryant

sambryant RoadRunner meep meep

hello badger 5, i had a fantastic day. very well organised by bill, tuffty,tony and welly. had some awsome chats with fellow scn members. im glad it was such a great turn out and the weather was pretty good.

wild willy it was great to meet you at long last, im glad you like the coilovers. i may be following your foot steps and go hybrid next year after my rods go in. also very impressed with your boost controller.

ben it was great to hang round with you for most of the day and talk cars :) you seem a top bloke and very easy to talk to. your car looks very nice and hope you sort your map out. :)

adam it was also great to meet you at last, my mrs found you pretty funny :D i think you are right tho, i must be doing something right but cant think what :lol:
    i hope the codes dont come back but they are nothing nasty. we will have to meet up soon or go back down to bills together sometime.

now for my runs. 265 was all i managed on capped boost of 1.4, i was hoping for 270 as my best on low boost was 277. after looking at logs i was pulling 225gs on the rollers which is very good but the power couldnt match. intake temps were pretty bad, went upto 50 degrees which isnt the best. now looking at a 3" intercooler and wmi, and future mods should be hybrid.

heres a old run on low boost and latest, one thing i would say the mbc keeps things very consistant in both sessions.

old
    [​IMG]

new
    [​IMG]

still was a fantastic day :D

5. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Bill, how do i download the vagcom logs as when i click on them they dont display properly even if i have excel open. I've tried various pc's. :shrug:

Sam, theres not a lot of difference in our graphs to be honest. Your car is on the money.

6. sambryant

sambryant RoadRunner meep meep

thanks carl, still feels good on the road :)

7. tufftybloke

tufftybloke Badger 5 Edition

Just tried yours and opens fine on mine mate... have you right clicked on the link to save or opened it in a browser then saved?

<tuffty/>

8. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Thanks very much tuffty, originally i was simply copying the file bitmap image but since i read your post i right clicked and saved as and all is now good.
    PS thanks for all the good work on the day you guys were faultless, even putting up with my dodgy TT jacking point ;).
    A christmas meet maybe if the Boss man is available. I need to regain my lost horses and i think i have a few ideas as where to look. :idea:

9. Spirit Furtive

Spirit Furtive Active Member

Thanks man gonna get back down to Bill next week to get a new map on her and one of Bills full induction kits too. We will have to meet up again soon and if you decide to bring the mrs to another meet let me know and I will force mine to come as well so she doesn't have to just put up with us guys chatting about cars!

10. 1.8t pop

1.8t pop Guest

had a great day :)

11. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

right click save as... its in raw csv text format, then open in excel

12. RichieRich

RichieRich Mk4 Golf GT TDi

i really need to keep my eyes open for the next RR day as im just up the road :)

13. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

Any Stock cars do a dyno, just to see what they made.

14. S15YCE

S15YCE Active Member

yeah my car was stock apart from a creation motorsport TIP.

LC 2002 180

I made 168 bhp running v-power. Apparently at higher revs (above 3500)the fuelling was running a bit lean.

Had it remapped the weekend after @ p-torque and made 179bhp on the rollers there before the map was applied and 209bhp after so it goes to show how all dyno's read differently.

15. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Out of curiosity how did your torque figures compare.

16. S15YCE

S15YCE Active Member

Hey Carl,

Here are the printouts from Badger5 before the remap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the printout from P-Torque with both before and after.

[​IMG]

Both curves are pretty similar, pleased to see a nice and smooth bhp curve :D

17. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Hi mate,
    its very interesting to be able to compare rr graphs of the same car on various different dynos. It would be good to see what the remapped car would make on Bills dyno now its been remapped and the fuelling sorted.
    It looks like your car has made some great gains, now get yor readers ride sorted.:D

18. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

Hey Carl,

I was making plans to get my car Dyno'd over at Bills simple because his Dyno is the benchmark for all the hybrids out there, that and all the Dyno's over here i have see huge Bhp difference so i have no clue what i am actually running is comparison to you guys, i'd have no problem getting the ferry across.

Fancy a Hybrid Dyno shot out?

#78 rsmith, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Hi Robbie,
    yeah no probs that would be interesting to say the least. With your mods though i'd expect the results to be close to what you've got in your sig. When i recently ran at Bill's i'd changed too many variables to compare to my previous visits. I'd like to get back into the 300bhp region without wmi and maybe 310-315 with wmi active. I'm only currently at 285 bhp so i've got some work to do but confident i'll get the mix right next time. Christmas holidays might be a good time maybe.

20. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

PM me you email, i'll send you some of my recent logs, there pretty interesting, if the logs are anything to go by it should be good.

I would plan to go over on the ferry crossing friday do some dyno'ing in Bills saturday and then if i manage to avoid a pub get the saturday night sailing back, subject to Bills availability.

I must check you RR, have you updated it.