Ear i've bought a shopping trolley

Elvirablack

Had a little problem with fornt tyres on my Arosa...one old tyre.. middle about gone,..... down close to wear bar yet plenty on outsides...newish tyre on drivers side..different tread pattern but there you go...only had car couple of weeks...complained to garage about handling quailties

said but its only a group 4 shopping car the 16valves are for economy!!!!
should'nt go to fast in it...ha ha

anyroad...explained 100bhp 16valves light body 0-60 9.7 which i believe is faster 0-60 than 2.0gti golf...its 10.2 secs ...

moral of story is getting a new tyre fitted to match up with the fairly new front o/s one...

no more tram lining for me..or grip probs on roundabouts in wet...

Garages.....hubby did the explaining to the garage owner..shopping trolley indeed...who are these people..

:censored:

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Shopping?! that a joke? I can fit NAFF ALL in my arosa boot. I got a few tools etc etc and theres no room for shopping etc, has to be a back seat jobby.

No offence but women usually over do-it with shopping compared to men (you know the whole shoes thing etc) so you should say to the garage guy, wheres the trailer? lol! ;)

Glad you sorting it ;)

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
Usually when a tyre is worn down in the middle its because of too higher pressure, what pressure are you running?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Would be just your luck that you get a shopping trolley with a wobbly wheel !! Bit odd that the odd tyre is the one tht has worn down, might have sold you the car with a dodgy tyre.

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Just go 'glare' at the garage chappie with one of the 'wilting looks' you wimmin-folk' give us men.. that should get you some recompense if nowt else...
;)

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
You'd probably be best changing both front tyres at the same time, so they match in Make, age, wear etc etc. I've never liked the idea of driving on odd tyres...

You can always keep the fairly new one as a spare.

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
You'd probably be best changing both front tyres at the same time, so they match in Make, age, wear etc etc. I've never liked the idea of driving on odd tyres...

You can always keep the fairly new one as a spare.

Yeah i agree, always have matching tyres of thread depth, make and age. Atleast on the front of the car, backs arnt as important but fornts need matching tyres really.

And i did that when i got my Arosa, i got two new front tyres and kept the best tyre as a spare. I later bought a new 14" steel rim from seat and fitted that tyre so i now have a full size spare :)

Which is handy :happy:

Would be just your luck that you get a shopping trolley with a wobbly wheel !! Bit odd that the odd tyre is the one tht has worn down, might have sold you the car with a dodgy tyre.

Yep, that always happens in tescos doesn ti, millions of trollies to choose from and i always get the one with the dodgely wheel :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.