Early warning system

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Afternoon.

Simple question, does the early accident warning work for both front and back potential accidents?

I.e if the car thinks I'm closing in on the car in front too quickly, in the Speedo it warns of an accident, does it do this if someone is coming up too quickly behind me. Obviously no radar but i do have parking sensors.

Wondering as I was in slow moving traffic joing a dualer today, knob in an Audi sped up to squeeze into a gap behind me and the car letting me join. The warning came on but could not have been for the front,or atleast shouldn't have been for the front... Just want to clarify.

Tell

Staff member
If it's anything like the Ateca you have front assist which is a radar under the badge that looks after the front. Mines been working fine for a bit now with no faults - wet weather you get it busying out till it dries out. The rear isn't protected as such but if you have full ultrasound the beeps come on when moving slow so you'll hear people coming up close behind you - ditto hedgerow which will scratch your paint work. That's ultrasound.

Then you might have blind spot protection. Those are rear facing radars that warn when vehicles are coming up the side with flashes in the mirrors. If in reverse you get a warning of rear cross. Sound and red flash in the reversing image. That one I find useful to detecting any hidden vehicles when reversing. Now this one if the car gets a muddy bum which covers the radars then BSD is turned off. You have to clear the bumper and reset back on. Front assist doesn't work this way, it dries out and you are back in business.

I trust that might help :).

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
If u have the park assistance pack with front, rear sensors and rear camera if u get too close to something the car will brake for u while manoeuvring. Found this out the other day!!

Anyway if someone is gonna go up the back of u, the only way u could get out the way is to speed up or swerve, which would be dangerous. Braking would be the worst thing as this would worsen the impact.

The rear sensors would kick in but not early enough to brace for impact.

The front assist will flash up red telling u to brake. If u dont do it quick enough it will brake for u. Also where the mileage is on the D I S, if u are travelling a bit close to someone it will come up with an icon to that effect.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

silles

May 4, 2017
yesterday park pilot did stop me reversing into a fence while I was doing a 1000 point Y turn. I thought I hit it coz car just stopped but I couldnt find no damage. Now I know park assist safe my arse

Tell

Staff member
That's good to know. I'm sure it will be the same in the Ateca.

My front assist is mostly fine apart from the wet weather issue that they all have and it's a bit fond of seeing big object off the road that are moving and decided we are going to hit, so gives the red warning and sound. Lorries turning off road and a bus moving off the road have created that. That's only twice in 18 months. Brake slamming on and I wouldn't disagree with it twice. Once when there was a tailback suddenly in front of me at a miniround about whilst I was checking traffic from the right coming on and when the partner was watching the beuty of a Ryan Airplane coming in at Stuttgart and wasn't paying attention.

I don't really get false positives but if you drive more at the edge then you do. The red warning.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Thanks for the replies. The answer for me is a no then. I don't have park pilot just sensors, no camera etc. Warning must have been between me and car in front

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise