Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

ebay 3inch downpipe and decat ? Anyone bought one?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by dannyboi321, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Neil82

Neil82 Full Member

Ordered it. Will my mechanic pal know what I'm on about when I tell him to fit a spacer?

P.s my ibiza came with a bolt in cage previously fitted to badger5's car what's the story with these. Is it worth much?

Cheers
    Neil

2. ntrueman

ntrueman Active Member

I've just ordered one of these downpipe kits from eBay... spacing it out seems like a sensible idea!

3. chris_200120vt

chris_200120vt MR carbon fibre

think so berg tunnel is fairley wide , they fitted in the tunnel on danny_lads lcr when i made his down pipe

4. Watson©

Watson© FKinDubs

To help some people out...

I have a ToyoSport decat, which is the exact same shape as the ebay ones.

Next to the standard downpipe....

[​IMG]

As you can see they do need modified, and with a bit of time and measuring you get something like this....

[​IMG]

:)

5. chris_200120vt

how long is the piece you put in ??

6. CupraElliott

7. chris_200120vt

hmm read that extend by 40mm it clears well fitted mine and it does not plus it touching the exhaust tunnel by the gear lever :( so vibrates like a bitch , running it like this tomorrow to tatton park then tues its coming off and going to re fab it up

8. Watson©

Watson© FKinDubs

Sorry for the late reply... Not been on in a while.

Not sure off this sizes, as it was all made and measured up when it was on the car up on the ramps. Got it all tacked up, then removed to be welded up. The neck was cut at the bend and extended, flange removed and shorted and back lambda hole turned down more so it clears the underside channel with no problems. Fits perfectly centres and clears everything, so no rattles or vibrations at all :)

9. Ash jacko

Ash jacko cupra all the way

I brought on for mine had to extend the neck as well. biggest mistake I ever did buying one they r crap. It still vibrates now and is really bad when reversing. I would recommend to anyone to just bite the bullet and get a 2.5 inch miltec decat any day