EBC brake pad problems

ericleonsuffolk

Hallo all,I had a stange thing happen to me on Friday the 19th,while reversing my Seat Leon the front brakes made a strange noise,I stoped and say that the friction material had come off the metal baking plate and I had no brakes at all,I had to buy a replacement set of brake pads.While replacing the pads,you can see rust between where the friction material was and the metal plate,imagine what would have happened while I was driving,could have killed myself and some other motorist.One thing is for sure,I won't be buying EBC pads again.
Has anybody else had the same problem before?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
glad i saw this. twas about to shop around for pads. you might have saved my life!! lol but no serisously thats shocking. make sure you let them know incase it was a dodgly batch!!

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
it was a dodgy batch......they are EBC, they are all dodgy.

im sure its just the bright colour pads that draw people into buying them.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
im sure someone on here had a similar thing happen with those pads.

many on here go for ferrodo ds2500 pads. they have been very good on my car.

cordoba lad

Back in the Midlands
May 24, 2005
Warwick
I've got EBC redstuff all round and touch wood haven't had a problem at all. Granted you have to get a it heat into them before they stop properly but I don't mind that. May be next time I go for the DS's to see why people rave about them.

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I got a set of EBC turbo grooved ones on mine with yellow stuff pads - and at first they were fantastic but they have decided to start juddering under breaking (disc warp) I have only had them for around 4 month!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
edit... ebc pads are crap.......... their disks when mated to decent pads like ds2500's work ok and are very well priced in the main.

i have still got to find that pic of the rear disks in the S2 that i removed, they were shot.
green pads on it too, they might not work well together, strange

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise