ECU flashing tools

bellautos

Ill willingly send you a origanal file if i have it BUT i will need your ecu number and if possibile a software version .

If you do manage to edit the file ill correct the chq sum for you in my 20,000 euro WinOls software :)

By the way beware of cracked versions of the software the Dll,s that come with it may be out of date and therefore may not work correctly

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
Ok thanks guys. been a bit busy with work but as soon as I get the chance I will investigate my ecu for the details.
Ta
Phil

bellautos

if anyone buys one , gis a shout when the Psop goes coroupt in the ecu and ill fix it :)

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Have to disagree, i bought one but not with the files, a different one. I used it for when a tuner was sending me files through email to fine tune my car and it never failed once to upload, its a handy tool for that route but as basstard said i wouldnt use the files that come with it.

bellautos

Some cars and some tools dont have problems i must admit, the problems generaly ocoure when the tools is a bad clone of the original.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
BTW, just remembered there was a slight problem with posting ebay links,,, did a search but nothing came out,,, maybe that was just in the for sale section?? I repeat, I am not selling that stuff [I'd like to buy one indeed].
Do I have to remove the link?

As I read the ebay description, it says that it can read the ecu version and code version but doesn't say if one can read the file and download it on the computer,,, It only says you can read the code version, and upload their files on the ecu,,, but then I think that using another software [winols and the likes] with the cable could be ok,,, :confused:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Some cars and some tools dont have problems i must admit, the problems generaly ocoure when the tools is a bad clone of the original.

I wouldn't trust the tool anymore than the files.

We don't pay £6,000 and upwards for OBD tools (which is a 1/4 of the equipment needed) if we could get them for £200 off Ebay.

It doesn't matter whether the tool works or not, if you have a problem, you need the tools and knowledge to fix you ECU.

Its amazing how many people will take these risks and cut corners with cars that cost £1,000's

It will always baffle me :confused:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I understand that the tools you use are far superior. I guess they got all the power-down protections and god knows what else,,,

anyway, I wouldn't buy this to try and play the tuner to feel big boy or whatever,,, I wouldn't have the knowledge to do that even if I had the money to buy the serious stuff.

I'd buy this for me and me only, only to load the original and modified files on my ecu.

With this in mind, using this tool to do what micky has done on his golf seems quite reasonable,,, doesn't it?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
With this in mind, using this tool to do what micky has done on his golf seems quite reasonable,,, doesn't it?

Please understand this is simply advice, that you are risking damage to your ECU and its software.

It could end up costing you 3 times as much as paying a pro to do it.

Just be careful, and make sure your voltage is healthy.

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Well i have used mine at least 30 times switching from maps etc, and i have used it to upload maps that was bought from a tuner to a friends car and not once has it failed... It doesnt matter if you pay 6000 quid for OBD tools there is still the risk the flash can go wrong.

Anytime i have used it though im always very careful, i double check connections and i make sure i can read the ECU a few times before i upload and i also only do it after a run to make sure there is good charge voltage in the battery.

ironjoe

ecu

i have used an one of these cheap programmers many times its simply an eeprom reader /writer, granted you may purchase a melon and thats where the expensive programmers shine through,with quality control. The thing that i would say is this, unless you are good at reading/writing to eeproms, have a realy good understanding at reading and altering files,then simply leave it to someone who does. Another important thing is, save your uploaded file because more often than not if your flash fails you can simply erase and re-write to your eeprom.Ive built many eeprom programmers and they are a simple peice of kit, and the one i bought for remapping i opened,and could have build for about 30 quid,the other key thing ,a lot of people just buy the dumps but really dont have a great knowledge of tuning,ive been in the garage game for 27 years, and when i remap ,i save the original files,copy them,then modify them myself,with constant corrections throughout the tuning process.If you know how it works then it helps when you have to diagnose it.
And lets not kid ourselves,its prob the same people in the same country making both the expensive and cheap programmers.
the software is the expensive part, put it this way , i would rather someone with great knowledge,cheap programmer working with me,than having someone with no knowledge and the most expensive programmer.
If in doubt leave it out.
thanx for having me guys.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.