ECU info needed, Cupra Cup Racer.

M3 Y RT

HI guys, just looking for some answers with regard to getting some more power out of my 1M cup car. I've been told the ecu in the car cant be remapped due to being locked/coded by Seat Sport. Dont really want the expense of a stand alone ecu atm so it was suggested to me i may be able to use an ecu from a road car and have it custom mapped. FYI Cup Spec motor is basically a standard AMK with standard intercoolers but with a free flow link pipe between them, free flow exhaust without cat, no maf or dump valve and an ecu mapped by seat sport to 250bhp. Just a couple of issues,
1, There seems to be a lack of ecu's for an AMK type engine, does it matter if i use another type, ie BAM for example, should be irrelevant if its getting custom mapped anyway.
2, The cup car's do not use a MAF or dump valve so obviously someone would have to map it to suit, obviously there is no key/transponder/immobiliser setup either so guess this will make things easier.
3, Who has the software to do the job, can custom code, jbs etc etc do it?
Thanks guys.
Russ

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think that the ECU is pretty much a standalone unit, and you're right - they are locked down.

However, all the OE ECU's will need MAF's & DV's to be installed (and wired up) to work, I don't think that people can "map" the functions out.

I wonder if your wiring is the same, or if it's different to std, in which case you might want to find a wiring loom & ECU (and retrofit MAF & DV etc)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
MAF delete is something Unitronic say they do... so CC may also be able to do this given the not dissimilar source for tuning tools

I dont know this for fact from CC, but worth asking James there

M3 Y RT

Mork, thanks for that mate. Thats what i was dreading deep down that it wouldn't run without the maf + d/v hence why i'd never looked into it before just was mentioned to me last weekend that a standard ecu 'should' be able to be tweaked to suit. Will probably see how i get on this season, maybe spend some moeny in the winter on a standalone + big turbo etc.
Russ

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.