1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

ECU Swapping

Discussion in 'VAG-COM & Diagnostics' started by m0rk, Aug 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. stuibaby

stuibaby MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!

The recoding....

Is this pushing data from the ECU to the clocks (Mileage showing on clocks of that of the ECU) or the other way round so that the clocks Mileage imprints in to the ECU so the mileage doesn't change?

Probably such a retarded question :(

Thanks non the less :)

Stui

2. turbo_scotty

turbo_scotty Guest

Hi I'm a little confused (easily done lol) I've got a 53 lcr and I can buy a stage 1 ecu how would I go about swaping it over ? I have full vagcom ect cheers guys

3. @udi A3

At what year does the leon change to immo3? I did my first immo2 dash swap yesterday, real easy stuff! The problem im finding a lot it when a faulty cluster is in the car and the pin cant be read, then you need professional tools to recover the pins, not #20 ebay cables.

4. tsj

tsj Guest

Some of the newer ECU's require PIN code. I am able to retrieve pin code and code these ECU's or if you have two ECU's... I can clone them... :)

5. @udi A3

do you have a bench set up? im looking to do this, or read eeproms but it gets expensive out of the car.

6. kzslt1

kzslt1 ex-Alfaholic

Hi, is it possible to code an IMMO 2 cluster to an IMMO 3 ECU?
    I'm doing an engine swap 1,4 (AHW) to 1,8T (AUQ) and as it turned out the factory cluster is IMMO2. Spent all day trying to align the pin codes etc. but without any success :(

7. Pew.

Pew. Active Member

Just remap your 180, you'll get 240+ then

8. R3k1355

R3k1355 Active Member

That post was from 12 YEARS AGO

Pew. likes this.
  9. Pew.

Pew. Active Member

Not my fault, kzslt1 responded before me!

10. kzslt1

kzslt1 ex-Alfaholic

Yes, posted a new question, not replied to one from ages ago :D

Anyhow it's irrelevant now... IMMO2 cluster and IMMO3 ECU can't work together :(

11. Helen Pugh

Just had a second hand ecu put In my car as the other wasn't reading codes or couldn't communicate. Also had a full service done, a week later no power in car foot flat to the floor and car dies, my car starts and I can reverse but once I put it to drive it stalls. Cleaned egr it was clogged but now it wont keep any revs. Do I need the ecu looked at or is there some thing I'm missing