edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
Since i've been a member for a while i thought it was time to start a readers rides thread. no clean pictures at the min as i need to get them off my old laptop.

So, having grown unbelievably sick of my 206 Quicksilver i started looking for something new. Have always liked the look of the Seats, and was looking at VWs too, namely Polo GTIs and Golf GTI Turbos. drove loads but not being able to quite reach to insuring an LCR i went for the Ibiza equivalent. Finally found one at Bristol SEAT, so cue a 200+ mile round trip to test drive it. loved the car the second i sat in it. So a week later I was back in Bristol to collect it.

Ended up paying the slightly ridiculous price of £6000 which included a full years warranty and a tank of fuel!

Spec on purchase was as follows:
2004/54 platinum Grey Ibiza Cupra 180bhp
16,000 miles!
2 owners

Loved the car but it didnt stay standard. Fitted my Alpine Head Unit complete with direct ipod link in the car park before i left so i had some tunes for the drive home

First addition otherwise was the Green Panel Filter. didnt make much difference but obviously gives better airflow, and would work well with my coming remap

Following this came my Seat Sport Strut Brace and fORGE 007P

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

after this I had the car re-mapped at Regal Autosport in Southampton. dyno figures were promising as I achieved 200.3bhp with just the filter and 007p. i run the car on V-Power too so i reckon this may have helped

Post-map figures were up to 220.7bhp and 272lb/ft of torque. To say its made a difference would be an understatement. The car now launches like nothing else, and a certain Leon member found the acceleration unbelievable. One slight issue I have is that the n75 valve isnt too happy with the map and so dumps boost when on full throttle way too early!

To bring things up to date, today I bought myself one of the Seat Sport gear knobs. somehow only paid about £40 for it, when they retail at a fair bit more. Maybe the amount of warranty work the local dealer have done for me paid off!

IMG_4940.jpg

as you may have noticed the car is currently missing its plate and also engine cover. This is due to a little surgery the car is undergoing at the moment, and hopefully will mean a few slightly individual touches :)

Coming plans include:

New N75 to cope with the map
Forge TIP
Silicone hoses
Forge Intercooler Piping, although want peoples opinions on this first!
Coilovers
8x17/18 Copmotive MO 6 spokes in Anthracite
Front end respray to get rid of stone chips

any comments appreciated

cheers

ed

Last edited:

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
think i detailed it above, but here it is anyways:

coilovers, probably KWs or something fairly adjustable so i can use them properly on track
Compomotive MO 6 spokes, in anthracite, in a wide 17"
full exhaust system, probably blue flame
Whiteline ARB

probably more i haven't yet though of too!

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
Right, well after a productive day I now have a Black front Seat badge. think it looks a lot better than the standard one, and such a quick job. Whilst I was at it i thought i'd take the front bumper off. Looks kinda good I reckon

Next up i'm thinking of getting the newer front grilles and painting the lower grille black. Need opinions, and possibly pics before I do it, as not sure whether I should do it or not?

pics:
IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4945.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
But after reading around you can turn the screw on the back of the valve to stop the surging... will be trying this tonight.

Cant remember if mine had a screw on the back, Ric.

Put it on, went for a blast and got boost surge, got home and took it back off and sold it.

Never had any problems with the standard one..

edewer

May 14, 2007
Newbury/Reading
Boost surge is where the boost fluctuates and wont hold.

this is what i think i have too with the standard one?

new update again. am going to be going for a bit of a wheel refurb. picking up 2 for track which'll be nice and lairy, and the rest in something a little more tame for now

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
cheers damien
so if you dont have a boost guage would you be able to feel it?
obviously its not a good thing boost surge just interested.

Yea, you can feel it. Feels like its pulling hard then just stops pulling, then pulling hard again, then stops pulling etc etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members