Eggy & Burning Smell?

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
Hi all yesterday I was trying to a U turn in a really narrow road and as I attempted to go up a curb I slipped on the accelerator and the revs must have hit 4k or 5k and I stalled lol! Afterwards I drove up the road to find a turning point but could smell a really eggy smell and a burning smell coming through the vents. This occurred for about 5 minutes. I checked the engine to see if it was on fire and nothing, it all seems to be ok. Driving home on the motorway was fine I had full boost and drove as normal as I thought a coil pack may have cooked. There are no engine warning lights etc, I havnt checked it with VAG-COM yet. Does anyone thing Its something to worry about?

Binksy

Leon Cupra
Nov 27, 2009
Norwich
My cupra did this the other day similar circumstances to. I was reversing into a drive and had to pull it up the curb and all of a sudden "eggy smell" very bad and strong. Would be curious to see what caused this/why. I know cats do this but this was very quick to get into the car and very strong wonder if the cat is on its way out is why I'm interested to see what others say about this to :(.

3-4 days later and not really noticed anything and car runs smooth :confused::shrug:

andytaylor1980

Jul 30, 2009
North East (Middlesbrough)
Hi all yesterday I was trying to a U turn in a really narrow road and as I attempted to go up a curb I slipped on the accelerator and the revs must have hit 4k or 5k and I stalled lol! Afterwards I drove up the road to find a turning point but could smell a really eggy smell and a burning smell coming through the vents. This occurred for about 5 minutes. I checked the engine to see if it was on fire and nothing, it all seems to be ok. Driving home on the motorway was fine I had full boost and drove as normal as I thought a coil pack may have cooked. There are no engine warning lights etc, I havnt checked it with VAG-COM yet. Does anyone thing Its something to worry about?

Excess burning fuel will smell eggy, if you hit high revs such as you mentioned or bumping up a curb you need to give it a bit more beans which will cause this smell, i get it all the time when i bump up the curb outside my house in my missus corsa ( wouldnt put my LCR anywere near a curb hehe)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members