Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest - time is running out to book your place at our annual get together. Free car stickers included for attendees: Find out more

EGR Blanking Plate

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by redrob0108, Aug 23, 2017.

1. redrob0108

redrob0108 Full Member

Ive had ongoing DPF light issuses after DPF gutting and remap but i also had EGR cleaned and blanking plate (with Hole) fitted a little while back could this be a possible cause of DPF light(comes on every couple of days then off again for couple seems more on after long motorway drives,any help or advice

2. tafakasam

tafakasam Full Member

Best to take it back where you got it remapped, i have had mine remapped after DPF gutted and EGR deleted off the map, its been blanked off also but i need to get the proper EGR delete kit retaining the ASV when i have a chance, but i haven't had any issues with any DPF lights since remap and its been running fine

Which Leon do you have?

3. redrob0108

redrob0108 Full Member

Been back several times and hes convinced the map is fine its a sensor or wiring problem and said i could be throwing money at problem and never fix it so just live with it.Lost faith in garage and looking for further help.

4. Never2old

Never2old Full Member

Give darkside a ring they should help you out

5. redrob0108

redrob0108 Full Member

Darkside it is then......pulling my hair with intermittent DPF light

6. redrob0108

redrob0108 Full Member

Darkside sorted it..........wore wire to sensor reading 2v instead of 5v 500mile test drive so far so good
    Well worth the Darkside Visit

7. Leistrum

Leistrum New Member

Hi, I have not been here for a long time, but having just bought a Leon Fr pd170, I found this thread as interested in egr delete, can I ask who is 'Darkside' and where are they ?(noticing East Sussex members as work near Ditchling), cheers!