Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
mine comes on and nothing is blocked, but i think that is due to the plunger (think that's right) bit in the middle not working correctly it does, that should go up and down. clear it once a week and all is good, not ideal but cheap and easy.

Jan 22, 2007
right have a spare/replacement egr, thanks chris, and will tart hacking away this weekend.

When people remove the plunger bar, and fill in the hole at the base, are they also filling in hole at the top? or leaving this as is?
looked on here and nothing specific, looked on tdi forums and not mentioned.

ta

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
right have a spare/replacement egr, thanks chris, and will tart hacking away this weekend.

When people remove the plunger bar, and fill in the hole at the base, are they also filling in hole at the top? or leaving this as is?
looked on here and nothing specific, looked on tdi forums and not mentioned.

ta
The top bit of the plunger just file it till its flush that way you wont have to plug it or anything.

Jan 22, 2007
understand the time thing gavin, had the 312mm upgrade in garage for a good 9months now and need them as taking up space in garage.
just to paint and fit, so why soooooooo long....

ok, this will sound really dumb.
i'm guessing the vac pipe doesn't need blocking off after doing the srp / wingnut method and can be plugged back on again as per normal.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
when you saw off the valveguide(and and valve) the ally guide has a steel insert, this leaves approx 1/4" of steel tube in the main housing -- if not secured or removed it could fall out when hot --and get sucked into the engine:cry:

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
Sorry to drag up this thread but while fitting my egr delete I have encountered a rather big snag. While fitting the blanking plate to the exhaust manifold I have managed to snap off one of the bolts coming out of the exhaust manifold.

What are my options apart from a new exhaust manifold/turbo which would be pretty expensive. What about welding the blanking plate?

Jan 22, 2007
can you not carefully drill it out?
obviously have stuff hole with rag or taped paper across to stop dust getting in.

and no worries with drag up, reminds me i need to finish mine :(
to bloody lazy and work exams taking over

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
hmmm how hot does the exhaust manifold get? secure it on with come of the metal epoxy weld?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
hmmm how hot does the exhaust manifold get? secure it on with come of the metal epoxy weld?

It'll get very hot... few hundred ºC at a guess, especially if the engine is working hard...I very much doubt metal epoxy weld will be up to the job.

Is there anything of the stud left sticking out, that you could turn with something ?
EG file some flats on and have a go with some molegrips (on as tight as your hands can squeeze!)

You can get some stud extractors that fit over protruding studs - was looking at some recently.

Otherwise, looks like drilling out, and removal with a reverse-thread-type stud extractor.
Or welding a plate on permanently.

I suspect room to do anything is going to be your main challenge....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.