Egr problem

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
Hi does anyone know what this plug is it's something to do with the egr system thaks

Attachments

• 20200216_123952.jpg
    20200216_123952.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Post a picture of where it is located? now it is just a picture of a plug...
What is the problem you are trying to deal with?

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
Hi sorry I keep getting a p0403 fault and car goes into limp mode while I was having a look around at the engine found this plug that didn't look right at closer inspection it looks like someone has bodged a thin pin plug into a 2 pin plug which mine should have. It's close to the egr vavle and plugs onto something that goes into a pipe thats connected to the egr valve. Mine is the 170hp engine. It's just by the bulk head.

Attachments

• 20200216_123845.jpg
    20200216_123845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 218

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Do you have deleted the the egr? If not take out the egr and clean it.
You own it from new?

P0403 is an OBD-II generic code that indicates that the engine control module (ECM) has detected the engine exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) circuit has malfunctioned. The ECM detected a short or open circuit in the EGR vacuum control solenoid or wiring to the solenoid.

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
Hi no I've just bought the car the problem was happening straight away the owner changed the egr valve but problem is still there that plug in the first picture doesn't look right there is a wire cut off and looks like it was for a car with 3 pins and has been modified so there is only 2 pins instead I think this is likely the cause of the p0403 fault but I just need to find out what this plug is to try and change it

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
Still I would have a look at the egr and tubing to and from it, may be still clogged up.
May be the previous owner did delete the egr, try to find out what needs to be done to delete the egr, it may give you a hint what should be connected to that particular plug. Sort of reverse engineering...

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
Hi yes was thinking of going down the route of deleting the egr just to stop any future problems with the egr but I just wanted to sort this plug out first gonna pop to seat I think and see if someone can tell me what it is.

Fnesslee

Jul 23, 2016
Just an update it turned out the plug was for a fuel temperature sensor which I've found out the end of the sensor has been broken so managed to order a new sensor but getting a new plug to go on it is proving a problem

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise