Egr!!

cupra-stokes

Hi

What is the benefit of fitting a egr cooler delete pipe? Only I'm thinking of buying one

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Not sure about the cooler delete pipe but a few on here (me included for six months) remove the EGR valve and replace it with an Allard race delete pipe, basically it improves the cleanliness of your intake as it removes any stops oil vapours being recirculated and reburnt / coking up of intake manifold.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
EGR puts hot sooty exhaust gas back into the inlet. The theoretical purpose is environmental (no, seriously), to reduce the peak combustion temperature by displacing oxygen in the inlet charge with "inert" exhaust gas, thereby reducing NOx formation. As an inevitable byproduct it increases particulate formation (soot).

The inlet charge already contains crankcase vent vapours, which carry a substantial amount of oil mist. When the two mix, sticky sludge and hard carbon deposits are formed on the inlet manifold, choking it and reducing the car's performance and mpg, increasing soot formation and etc.

Deleting the EGR prevents any more deposits forming on your inlet manifold. It'll still need a clean, though.

I have assumed that you're thinking of deleting the EGR, not just the EGR cooler. The EGR cooler is there to reduce the amount of crud formation and deleting just the cooler would make things worse.

cupra-stokes

Oh now I understand LOL so where can I get one of these deletes from?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members