Eibach Lowering springs - before & after

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Eibach Pro Line Lowering Springs - 35mm drop. £114 delivered.
Precision aluminium hub centric wheel spacers - 15mm. £69 with extended wheel bolts (no locks).

Surprised how far it's dropped. Glad I didn't go with the Sport Line springs, as I still need to drive the thing with 5 people and a dog in it.

I've used Eibach springs in the past. They're really comfortable and make the car feel sharper and more direct.

IMG_2703.jpg
IMG_2703a.jpg
Found it difficult to take pictures that show the difference the wheel spacers have made. The stance is way better now though. much more aggressive.

IMG_2701.jpg IMG_2702.jpg IMG_2704.jpg IMG_2706.jpg IMG_2760.jpg IMG_2761.jpg IMG_2763.jpg IMG_2767.jpg

Reactions: wms_F1 and Norbert

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
I just ordered Racingline springs for my cupra

I would think they’re probably made by eibach though

Did you renew the top mounts and bearings at the same time?

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Can I be cheeky and ask the eibach part number for the kit you fitted? :)

Not cheeky at all! :) E10-79-010-04-22
It's a standard TDI Leon with solid rear axle.

Check out http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/RallyShop-International if you're interested. The springs were £40 cheaper than anywhere else online.
I had the garage fit them during a service and MOT to cut the labour time down too. It needed two new front shocks anyway, but still worth trying to get stuff done at the same time.

Reactions: Damo H

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Eibach Pro Line Lowering Springs - 35mm drop. £114 delivered.
Precision aluminium hub centric wheel spacers - 15mm. £69 with extended wheel bolts (no locks).

Surprised how far it's dropped. Glad I didn't go with the Sport Line springs, as I still need to drive the thing with 5 people and a dog in it.

I've used Eibach springs in the past. They're really comfortable and make the car feel sharper and more direct.

View attachment 6496 View attachment 6497 Found it difficult to take pictures that show the difference the wheel spacers have made. The stance is way better now though. much more aggressive.

View attachment 6494 View attachment 6495 View attachment 6498 View attachment 6499 View attachment 6500 View attachment 6501 View attachment 6502 View attachment 6503
I got the same set up just 13mm front and 16mm back wheel spacers.spring will go down a bit.
Front top mount i can hear sometime cracking noise but was same with original springs and just done 15.000mile.

Reactions: MatTheMerciless

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not cheeky at all! :) E10-79-010-04-22
It's a standard TDI Leon with solid rear axle.

Check out http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/RallyShop-International if you're interested. The springs were £40 cheaper than anywhere else online.
I had the garage fit them during a service and MOT to cut the labour time down too. It needed two new front shocks anyway, but still worth trying to get stuff done at the same time.
Springs are already sorted and going on on Tuesday, I just wanted to check something Eibach told me :) To do with my car not yours :)

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Hope it doesn’t settle too much more as I think it’s perfect.

I'm convinced that I read somewhere that Eibach springs are engineered so they don't settle like other springs do. How are you finding the ride quality? I can definitely feel the bumps more, but there's way less roll in the corners now. Also, my car looks less like a surprised cat now, so, bonus!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm convinced that I read somewhere that Eibach springs are engineered so they don't settle like other springs do. How are you finding the ride quality? I can definitely feel the bumps more, but there's way less roll in the corners now. Also, my car looks less like a surprised cat now, so, bonus!
Ride in comfort, is honestly little different. Only when you hit a massive bump can you tell it’s harder.

Cupra mode is noticeably firm but less crashy.

But not driven it much. Only drove it home and mainly in rush hour traffic.

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Looks awesome @Damo H

Sits pretty perfect now!

Can I ask which springs did you go fo?? Pro Kit or Sportlines??

Thanks

Llifon

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.